Eitan

Adler 269 Forward and Reverse Stitch Length Adjustment

Hi, as a long time spectator and a recent member of this site, I hope you guys could help me with the following issue:

I recently bought a used Adler 269-73 in a good working condition. The previous owner lengthened the forward stitch, with a help from a technician (said it took around 5 minutes), resulting in an uneven forward and revers stitch. 
I contacted a professional Adler technician in my country, but he wasn’t able to fix this issue. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forward Vs. Reverse.png

IMG_20191105_184144.jpg

Do you have a manual for your machine?  There have been posts here about balancing the forward and reverse stitch lengths on some machines.  Try a google search "site:leatherworker.net balance forward and reverse stitch length"  without the quotes.  You may need to adjust the search parameters by including your machine mfg and model.

Tom

267 Service Book

See above link, section 2.4 I think will help.  Obviously, this is for a different model, but this may help if you apply this to your model machine.

Tom,
I searched as much as I could in this forum, google, youtube, etc.

The closest I got was an Adler 167 and the popular 205, both having a different mechanism than the 269 unfortunately. 

Gregg,
I did find the manual for this machine and have tried to adjust it via the relevant eccentric (listed as B/3 in the 267 manual):

1. I adjusted it so when stitch length is 0, there is no movement - Didn’t help with the forward and reverse.
  2. I adjusted it so there will be no movement, when the needle bar is at its deepest point, while operating the stitch regulation lever - There was absolutely no movement at any stitch length.

Any suggestion?

I can upload relevant photos if needed.

Edited by Eitan

Hi Eitan, 

i have your own sewing machine and your exact problem.

I tried everything, but I didn't solve anything

Have you found a solution? 

Thanks bye

On 3/11/2020 at 5:44 PM, Eitan said:

Hi, as a long time spectator and a recent member of this site, I hope you guys could help me with the following issue:

I recently bought a used Adler 269-73 in a good working condition. The previous owner lengthened the forward stitch, with a help from a technician (said it took around 5 minutes), resulting in an uneven forward and revers stitch. 
I contacted a professional Adler technician in my country, but he wasn’t able to fix this issue. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi toxo,

Thanks for the help.

I've watched this video, but unfortunately the stitch length adjustment mechanism for the 167 is different than the 267 (and the 269)  mechanism.

2 hours ago, Eitan said:

Hi toxo,

Thanks for the help.

I've watched this video, but unfortunately the stitch length adjustment mechanism for the 167 is different than the 267 (and the 269)  mechanism.

Bummer! It's the same as my 69 so I thought it might be standard.