ZigZag

Recommended machine for canvas and leather

Hi all, I’m looking to upgrade my Seiko STW8 (copy of Singer 111) to a machine with the following

Large bobbin (essential), top loading (ideal but not essential), Tripple feed, heavy duty so large fly wheel, minimum 10mm foot clearance, single needle straight stitch, internal or external bobbin winding, V69 V92 V138 threads, Reverse feed.

Budget up to $1500 / £1000 possibly a bit more for the right machine.

I recently missed out on a Juki LU1508, which looked ideal, have also considered a Singer 211 (find all the series numbers & letters a bit confusing) Pfaff 1245.

any other options I should consider.

Thanks

Nick

53 minutes ago, mikesc said:

re Singer 211 models.

to unconfuse you..

http://www.industrialsewmachine.com/webdoc1/singer/211a.htm

Thank you for this. I’m now very unconfused. The fog has lifted.

You are more than welcome..we have all been in the fog.. at one time or another :)

33 minutes ago, Doru said:

http://www.chinamaqi.com/cn/product/9800.html

This is a Mitsubishi 4400 copy.I don't know if there is an Uk dealer for this brand. I have bought one about two years ago and I'm very pleased with it. Brand new with a powerful 750W electronic motor paid 900 euro.

Thanks Doru, I will add to the list. Looks very similar to the Juki 1508 too.

I bought this about 6 months ago for £800.Its a typical tw1-899 but with singer style feet, also the same as a seiko bew-8blcs and a brother ls2-b891.meets all your needs but difficult to find.When I was looking a global wf1515 also had all the features your looking for.

1.jpg

Interesting choice. My 441 is Typical and I’ve been pretty impressed with it so far. Will give that a look up. Thanks for the input.

28 minutes ago, ZigZag said:

Interesting choice. My 441 is Typical and I’ve been pretty impressed with it so far. Will give that a look up. Thanks for the input.

Wasn't really looking for this one but I wanted similar to you...........large top loading bobbin,servo motor,large stitch , singer style foot. Found a juki 1510 but the supplier after initial contact and me sending samples for test sewing never got back to me.Looking at a global 1515 but waiting for one a decent money to come up and then saw this on ebay. A six hour round trip to get it but certainly worth it.

Well, the Juki 1508 that I missed out on came back up for sale so I snapped it up. Very pleased. Thank you all for your input.