Subterra

Some of my latest leather sculptures

I am calling what I do "bending leather"... Not sure what category these will fit into.

What inspired me to try this is because of the brilliant colors I get from Waterstain. It is so simple to work with and most of these parts are dipped into a diluted color or color mix of Waterstain. I mostly just buy the three primary colors, black and pearl and mix them as I need. Wish someone locally was interested in this form of art because I would love to teach them how to do this. The most fun recently is the two colored rose pedals. The process never stops fascinating me.

Enjoy the pics! Dan Sines, leather artist

Rose1.jpg

Roses3.jpg

RosesOrchids1.jpg

Sculpture1.jpg

Not my thing but extremely well done.

Nice!  You are having way too much fun :))

God bless

Very nicely done :)..You should search Youtube for leather flowers..most of the videos are in Russian, but you'll be able to see things that will expand your techniques.

Fantastic work, always great to see a different use or application. Thanks for sharing!

Wow, to make those flowers and sculpture out of leather and look that good is unbelievable.

Bert.

This is a first, thumbs up my friend a new style is born

Holy Smokes! Nicely done

That's got to be the coolest thing I've seen today. Maybe if you get a chance you could do a tutorial on here.

Looks really great. 

I have a couple roses I started a while ago but have been distracted by other things that had to be finished.  I'd be interested in seeing how you have attached the stem and leaves.  Also what material are you using for the stem?  I picked up some florists tape and wire for the stems, but from what I can see, yours looks better than that would.  Your comments and illustrations would be very helpful.

Tom

Really well done!