Mizzy

Size of servo motor for Singer 132k6 please?

Hello everyone, what an awesome site this is. Whenever I need otherwise unobtainable information I’m guaranteed to find it here!

I have recently purchased a Singer 132k6 that had an old noisy clutch motor fitted (left it with the seller) as I want to run it with a servo motor. The old motor was huge and heavy, but it powered through the thick leather as he demonstrated the machine’s capabilities (wow!!!!). 

I’ve seen adds here in Australia for 1,500 watt servo motors but they cost a fortune. Would an 800 watt motor suffice? 

You can run that machine with a 500 Watt or a 750 Watt ( if you can get a 500 it will be fine, depends what you have available* ) servo motor with no problems at all..

*If you can get a 750 for not much more money it will not hurt, you can always use it on another bigger machine if you get one at a later date..( 500s and 550s can be easier and cheaper to come by ) no way does it need a 1000 Watt. or a 1500 Watt motor.

Edited by mikesc

1500 watt??? If someone told you that's what you need I'd be very cautious about taking advice from them again! As Mike said 500 - 750 watt should be fine and are readily available via ebay AND within Australia, so no need to order from overseas.

Awesome, thank you. Knew you’d come through for me x

On 3/16/2020 at 5:08 AM, Mizzy said:

Hello everyone, what an awesome site this is. Whenever I need otherwise unobtainable information I’m guaranteed to find it here!

I have recently purchased a Singer 132k6 that had an old noisy clutch motor fitted (left it with the seller) as I want to run it with a servo motor. The old motor was huge and heavy, but it powered through the thick leather as he demonstrated the machine’s capabilities (wow!!!!). 

I’ve seen adds here in Australia for 1,500 watt servo motors but they cost a fortune. Would an 800 watt motor suffice? 

It is the most strong servo motor for heavy duty sewing machine https://automatic-sewing.com/sewing-machine-servo-motor.htm

We have put the 550 watt Family-Sew motors on these 132K6 with a 45mm pulley & they work great.