Mizzy

Singer 132k6 vibrating presser bar

Can I have your opinion please? 
I’m after a vibrating presser bar for my k6 (part number 97739) but can’t find any for sale. My question is, would it be possible to take that same part off my other k6 and get someone to copy/manufacture a replacement part? Has anyone successfully done this? I know the part would need to be precisely cut so as to not disrupt the smooth operation of moving parts when reinstalled.

I found a picture here on the forum of the part I need (thanks constabulary), and it seems to be not overly complicated. 
What do you think?

89005FAE-5D2C-4BFF-A0F7-C0A7E8402861.jpeg

You still can buy them - they work for Seiko SK-2 and Singer 132K6 but they are not cheap.

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/1404-97739-outer-foot-bar-seiko-132k.html

Mitsubishi made or makes the DY-253 I would guess the parts is the same on their machine but I have no parts list and nothing I could compare with.

Maybe the Seiko or Mitsubishi parts are easier to find on your side of the world.

EDIT:

when I looked for parts these folks sometime pop uop - they are on the same Island as you  **kidding**  ;)

They have 132K6 parts in their shop so I guess they can get thr presser bar too.

https://www.sewingmachinesaustralia.com.au

Edited by Constabulary

I have dealt with this company several times over the years and found the good to deal with.

Last time I had a problem, I rang them they went out of their way to help me.

Bert.

Hi, Have you tried Singermania, he's in Australia and has many post on this site.  He may have a used one or may direct to the right party.

Good Luck, Layo

I have no idea if this will work on the Singer 132K6, but someone else may know.  These are popular machines from what I'm told in your area.

1249 is the current Seiko number for their current model SK-2B-1, here is the parts book link, CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

Thanks everyone!

Did you get your parts Mizzy?

Bert.

Resurrecting an old topic here and hoping for help...  I have just bought a 132k6 and I believe the vibrating presser bar is set too high, as the needle bar lower thread guide hits the presser foot when it it raised and the needle is coming down to it's lowest point. When the vibrating presser bar is up I have 17mm clearance underneath. Assuming this is too high (?), How do I adjust the height of the vibrating presser foot?

Cheers, Adrian