toxo

The White Horse

I was driving in the countryside late one night when I broke down. I don't know much about cars and after poking and prodding under the bonnet for about ten minutes I couldn't get the thing started. After scratching my head for another five minutes a voice came out of nowhere and said "Try the points". I was startled because there wasn't a living thing in sight except for a white horse looking at me over a field gate about 3 yards away. Thinking I might have imagined it I took no notice and had another prod and a poke.. "Try the points" rang out again and again there was no one there. Thinking I had nothing to lose I looked at the points and found the distributer cap was loose. After fixing it the car started first time and off I went. About a mile further on there was a nice looking country pub and I pulled in for a pint. I told the barman about what had just happened and the voice coming out of nowhere. He said "Was there by any chance a white horse in the field?". Actually there was " I said. "Well you were really really lucky" he said. "why do you say that" said I. He said,

"Cos the black one knows nothing about motor cars".

That's good. Thank you for a good laugh!!

Ferg