Sling

product line after corona times

hi everyone,

I wonder which products i shall think about during these times and after corona .
As i am producing handbags and small accessoires, i wonder if people will still buy my stuff, if they will have a money for it or if my products will be still wanted.
Anyone here with similar dilema ?

take care and stay healthy, Tia

Yes, now a days I spend my shop time doing shop maintenance, building that tool holder I put off. Sharpening .... almost everything, anything but producing. Don't really know why....

Edited by Grumpymann
misspelling

We are just going to have to ride it out and see what the new normal is going to look like.

I've been finishing up the list I've been working on and getting a few things made for myself that I've wanted.

21 hours ago, Grumpymann said:

Yes, now a days I spend my shop time doing shop maintenance, building that tool holder I put off. Sharpening .... almost everything, anything but producing. Don't really know why....

yes i have it similar, cannot get myself into the work, i feel kind of paralalysed:(

19 hours ago, battlemunky said:

We are just going to have to ride it out and see what the new normal is going to look like.

I've been finishing up the list I've been working on and getting a few things made for myself that I've wanted.

yes thats good idea, is just my list is made of products which was suppose to be for christmas markets in autumn and now not sure if even these markets will happen:unsure:

2 hours ago, Sling said:

yes i have it similar, cannot get myself into the work, i feel kind of paralalysed:(

Leather work is what I do to relax, clear my head so I can think. I want to work... I just can't seem to... work. Kind of strange. 

It truly is a test for all of us.

We're taking advantage of the slow-down to organize and clean.  Whether its inventory or machine maintenance, basically doing things that were put off because we were too busy. 

Times have changed for all of us but as they saying goes, "when one door closes, another one opens".  We believe this because we've joined the effort of New Balance to produce a "stay" brace.  One of the components required to build a proper surgical mask.  check out ~  www.newbalance.com 

Is there something leather crafters can produce for the first line healthcare givers?  I'm not sure but this is America and we are a creative group of people. 

Stay strong and safe !  

Tim

Is there something leather crafters can produce for the first line healthcare givers?  I'm not sure but this is America and we are a creative group of people.

Had you looked around the forum a little before posting your self congratulatory piece.

You'd have seen that people here ( and from all over the world, not just America ) have been producing masks for a month or so already..

We are donating all of ours..are you ?

On 3/29/2020 at 4:13 PM, TIMCO now SX said:

It truly is a test for all of us.

We're taking advantage of the slow-down to organize and clean.  Whether its inventory or machine maintenance, basically doing things that were put off because we were too busy. 

Times have changed for all of us but as they saying goes, "when one door closes, another one opens".  We believe this because we've joined the effort of New Balance to produce a "stay" brace.  One of the components required to build a proper surgical mask.  check out ~  www.newbalance.com 

Please find in the link below..the thread already running here that you missed..Please read the thread from the beginning..and especially the linked research article dating from 2017.. re barriers against corona viruses by using saturated salt solutions on filter materials ..the link within that thread directs to the aforementioned article at nature.com.

If you are donating your masks ?....thank you for your help :-)

Edited by mikesc

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry you took my post as a "self congratulatory piece".  I presented it with pride in our employees and to give hope to others in some way.  To watch our team create a die in less than a day and to see that press actually start producing a much needed component.....That was a great moment during these sad times.

We are also doing what we can to keep our employees working so that they can still provide for their families.  It is tough out there, in so many ways, and we're doing all we can to help the cause.  

And yes ~ donations have been made.  God Bless ~