Saw this stuff on Ian Atkinson youtube and thought I would try it. My thoughts are it is a little pricey $12.00 for 120g. Has the consistency of Grand moms face cream. It does put a real nice shine on the edges, and does a great job of slicking down the flesh side, but I find in a few days it makes the edges very dry, same with backs. Maybe I am not using it correctly I don't know.  All the print is in Japanese. Anyone else use this stuff?

Yes, it's awesome.

It leaves something similar to a very thin layer of wax/diluted school paste.  It shines up great and leaves a slightly stiffer edge (desirable for edges--hence, burnishing).  If you use it on the rest of your product it will leave it slightly stiffer due to that layer.

The finish is not terribly durable, though, so you want a sealer over top.  This product gets discussed on Reddit in /r/Leathercraft more than here.

Grandma's face cream?  Ian said it was like spunk.:censored2:

What type of Sealer works best over the product? Maybe Gum Trag?

Edited by Silvertop
Suggestion occurred shortly after posting Question

I use it to flatten the flesh side when I don't want to use lining, I just apply a thin layer and then burnish with a flat rolling pin or ideally ground glass. Works good, not great, but much better than a fuzzy interior.

I think tank kote does the same, might be a cheaper way to do it.

In terms of edges, it works.  Just let it dry a minute otherwise you risk squishing your edge with whatever burnishing tool you're using.   I haven't tried it with anything else over it other than a bit of wax or saddle soap.

If you have to paint the edge I believe the same company makes a specific product to be used over the tokonole layer, it's called Cova Super and they say it's pretty good.  Very blingy.

I would suggest diluted Resolene as a sealer over Tokonole.  I suggest mixing equal parts Resolene and water.