So the title may be a little misleading..  This is actually my 5th wallet but this is the first time I’ve ever posted my work on the site. I got into the craft about 1 year ago and found this site shortly after and have been trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible. I absolutely love working with leather and I try to make things as often as possible. Which isn’t as often as I’d like seeing as how I’ve made roughly 5 wallets and 3 card Holders and a couple key chains since I started

As for my wallet it is made out of 2oz lollipop red horween chromexcel that I scored when Rocky Mountain had there sale a while back. It’s stitched with carriage natural hemp thread from Tandy and edge painted with vernis burgundy color.. I used French style pricking irons from wuta 3.38mm or 8 spi.

I’m really looking for some critiques to see where I can improve. I mean I can see the flaws but I’m curious how it looks to other makers ( my wife just says “ohh that’s pretty or nice” ) Sooo not much help in that department.

Anyways I’m really excited to hear what you all have to say. Thanks for looking!

Castle -

16CAC773-4207-4B3E-8C6C-D1E070E41B60.jpeg

9C10F7EA-5911-44CA-8546-5982547080BC.jpeg

226A3344-A0A2-48EA-A162-B077AC53641C.jpeg

16504C66-4E89-48C5-9999-CDFFEEAB2940.jpeg

2AA08509-9215-4EB0-BFBF-BB59CB638902.jpeg

8AD3B289-081E-4D57-ABBD-074CAA45362E.jpeg

looks great! the edges are top of the line!

I think you did very well.  The edges look great and the overall fit and finish looks very professional.  I do see a couple of places the stitches look a little off but overall it looks very good.

17 hours ago, hashtagartz said:

looks great! the edges are top of the line!

16 hours ago, Bob Blea said:

I think you did very well.  The edges look great and the overall fit and finish looks very professional.  I do see a couple of places the stitches look a little off but overall it looks very good.

thanks fellas,

the edges are probably my best yet, sanded and burnished 2 times and 3 layers of paint sanded smooth between each layer. As for the stitching I always seem to have trouble with the corners where the stitch turns.

I've already adjusted the pattern 3 times so hopefully were getting close to the final version.

Looks a damn sight better than my 5th wallet. Great job!

Very nice.  I have no critiques to offer.  Love the colors.

10 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Looks a damn sight better than my 5th wallet. Great job!

Appreciate it.. im kinda overly detail oriented so it takes me a while to make things but I’m getting better.. especially with this safer at home deal going on...I have lots of time to spend at the workbench

9 hours ago, Oxbo said:

Very nice ...

Thank you

9 hours ago, Sofaspud said:

Very nice.  I have no critiques to offer.  Love the colors.

Thanks me to..Luckily I had the thread and edge paint to match. 

Outstanding. What pattern did you use? Thanks.

4 hours ago, Canoeswamp1911 said:

Outstanding. What pattern did you use? Thanks.

Thanks! The pattern is mine. I just looked at some wallets then took some measurements off my old wallet and tweaked it till I liked it. 

New color and good stitching, finally Great work

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 9:19 PM, gengado said:

New color and good stitching, finally Great work

yes I really like the color. thanks for looking!

3 hours ago, Rt66guy said:

Very nice! Your attention to detail really shines!!!

thanks I have a very high precision day job so I can be quite meticulous when it comes to my leatherwork. still trying to get better and faster.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 8:58 PM, DannyBoyCustomLeather said:

Excellent job professional

thank you I appreciate it.. that's what I was going for =) something of such a quality people wont mind paying a premium. I'm not there yet but hopefully sooner than later.

I always divide the last few stitches and turn the machine over by hand changing patterns has never worked for me but thats just my opinion works every time for me your work looks very good! nice job.

1 hour ago, Samalan said:

I always divide the last few stitches and turn the machine over by hand changing patterns has never worked for me but thats just my opinion works every time for me your work looks very good! nice job.

I currently don't own a sewing machine and hand stitch my items. I am however in the market for an entry level machine that wont break the bank, Thank you for the compliment!

Thats funny your stitching looked so good i instantly thought machine lol .

On 4/2/2020 at 4:06 PM, CastleLeatherWorks said:

thanks fellas,

the edges are probably my best yet, sanded and burnished 2 times and 3 layers of paint sanded smooth between each layer. As for the stitching I always seem to have trouble with the corners where the stitch turns.

I've already adjusted the pattern 3 times so hopefully were getting close to the final version.

Nice looking wallet.

A tip regarding the stitching. I pre-punch my template before I start my project, this way I can make sure every hole is in the correct place on the finished product.1077034628_Namnlost.thumb.jpg.c9525f6188b1f2870b00ce5bc27d0432.jpg

Excellent work.  Stitching is top notch.

3 hours ago, Danne said:

Nice looking wallet.

A tip regarding the stitching. I pre-punch my template before I start my project, this way I can make sure every hole is in the correct place on the finished product.1077034628_Namnlost.thumb.jpg.c9525f6188b1f2870b00ce5bc27d0432.jpg

great idea ! I think this is the only way to ensure where my stitches will land. do you use some sort of software to make your patterns? adobe illustrator or the like ?

31 minutes ago, AzShooter said:

Excellent work.  Stitching is top notch.

thank you !

8 hours ago, CastleLeatherWorks said:

great idea ! I think this is the only way to ensure where my stitches will land. do you use some sort of software to make your patterns? adobe illustrator or the like ?

thank you !

I use Google Sketchup in 2d-mode. And on rare occasions Illustrator if I need to make something with curves and plan the stitching, like a bund strap for a watch. The reason I prefer Sketchup is because I find it quicker for those types of templates.