niles

Singer 45K1 restoration help wanted please

Hello,

After my first great project (a 29K51 which i totally to apart and rebuilt) i got hooked and now i am going for a 45K1.

Is anyone here experienced with this machine and can give me some tips on how to go at it?

For example, there is a screw in the central axle of the flywheel, can i "help" the wheel off after i take this out or do i need to be carefull? (of course i took the locking screws out )

Thank you very much,

any help is much appreciated 

Niles

Hello Niles, Yes you can take the large flywheel off after taking out the 2 grub screws. It might be a little tough because the grub screws can cause a burr on the inside sometimes and this could stick the flywheel a little. Be careful not to push in if it sticks without holding the front cam under the face plate or you might break or bend something!! when you move the flywheel then the axle will have some play in it, moving forwards. So be careful not to move the axle forwards too much because you will be pushing the needle bar connecting arm.:blink:

Thank you for your tips!  i will try this and if i can do anything to help you out, please let me know.