nickhaprov

RTC Sheridan resist and finish help?

Hi there, looking for some advice on airbrushing RTC Sheridan resist and finish.  Have tried looking for info but can’t seem to find much on it.  When airbrushing it does it need to be cut with water (50/50 like resolene) and would be about the same psi?  Gave a full strength light coat, and let dry for about 3 hours before applying a second coat and after 2 days is still tacky.  Should it need to sit longer?  It’s for the internal pocket pieces on 4/5 Oz veg tan

The pieces were dyed with fiebings pro oil dye, sat overnight then buffed, light olive oil applied and then sat overnight again and buffed once more before airbrushing the RTC finish on.  It has been warm and dry days with cool nights here in New Zealand and the items have been kept indoors.  I’ve airbrushed because of different colour dyes on the same piece and am hesitant to wipe the finish on in case of dye run?  Any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated.  

cheers!

3FB65E5D-30A5-4CB7-83F3-D6EFE54368F9.jpeg

I use pro dye with RTC finish and have never had any dye run problems as long as it has dried overnight.  I also use it as a resist with antique paste or hi-liter from fiebings with no problems with wiping it on.  I use fairly light coats, I don’t spray anything so I can’t advise you there.

On 4/5/2020 at 2:52 AM, Rhale said:

I use pro dye with RTC finish and have never had any dye run problems as long as it has dried overnight.  I also use it as a resist with antique paste or hi-liter from fiebings with no problems with wiping it on.  I use fairly light coats, I don’t spray anything so I can’t advise you there.

Ok thanks, I’ll give it a try that way