Stuggi

Pfaff 335 Servo Motor

I'm thinking about replacing my Efka Variostop VD24 with a DC brushless motor, since the Variostop is a bit hard to control at slow speeds, and for the work I do I'd rather have a slow and controllable machine than a very fast sewing machine.

I've been looking around, and there's a lot of different options of the China variety,  but a lot of them doesn't come with EPS as default (something I'm not giving up without a fight), and some people on Youtube don't recommend them on "heavy duty" machines for whatever reason.

So, what should I consider? I'm not adverse to spending a couple hundred euros, but any more then that would be a bit excessive considering what I have in to the machine.  It would preferably be something I can get without paying an arm and a leg for shipping & taxes, so preferably from a European vendor. 

The 335 doesn't need a big heavy duty motor, a 550w will work fine. On ebay here in Oz there are many for sale locally that fit that category, some with EPS and some without (not sure about ebay where you are). There have been many posts on here about fitting servos, with various recommendations, I think College Sewing in the UK is one?

Any of the generic China servos will work fine, it just depends how fussy you are regarding the button controls on them. Some prefer the dial control for speed adjustment but that is likely to attract a premium price.

Edited by dikman

Cheers mate, I sent College Sewing a message asking for recommendations!  I'd prefer spending a bit extra upfront instead of going for the BangGood/Aliexpress specials if it's from somewhere that can actually tell me how to fit the thing if I run into problems. 

I have a JACK 550 watt servo from College sewing on my 335, works great