lawman133

Canadian needs help On-line ordering From TANDY Canadian Store

Is there anyone who can help with this problem.  I live in Southern Ontario Canada and have been trying to order some supplies on-line from Tandy Canada's  Mississaugua store.  Due to the Pandemic it is not possible for me to drive the 2-1/2 hrs to Toronto as their stores have been closed as Non-essential by our Government.  All attempts to do so on-line say my nearest store is in EL PASO TEXAS !   Shipping from the U.S. to Canada is ridiculously expensive even in the best of times, often being more than the purchase price of the item itself. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same here. It used to be Saskatoon, but now it says El Paso, TX, as well. Have you gotten a quote for the shipping?

They have a marquee on their page saying free shipping in Canada if you order $150 or more. How much are you spending on this one order? Do you qualify for that?

I had three items in my cart and when asking for a quote it still says "C$12.00 CAD Standard Delivery". What does it say on your end?

Only store available for me says El Paso as well.  Did a store search and it locates the city but still says the closest store is El Paso!

Tom

Edmonton store should  stil be open  for online orders

Copied from Tandy's website:
"As you may know, we have been closely following the guidance of the CDC and local health officials on COVID-19, and we’ve been making decisions about store closures on a day-to-day, location-by-location basis. We want to do everything we can to limit the spread of the virus, so we have taken the step to close all our locations to the public effective immediately, even where it has not yet been required by state or local authorities.
To shop, visit tandyleather.com or place an order by phone and have your supplies delivered to your door. We are currently offering FREE shipping on orders over $100. *Exclusions Apply"

14 hours ago, LeatherLegion said:

Edmonton store should  still be open  for online orders

Two stores in Calgary and neither of them show up for online ordering.  See above.

Tom

On 4/10/2020 at 12:46 PM, lawman133 said:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm feeling your pain. I use Amazon quite often for Tandy items, and one of their vendors is SpeckStore. It may not do you any good, as items ship from the US, but given the current state of affairs, it might be worth taking a look.

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=A1DOFKMTLCPOIO&tab=&vasStoreID=

Edmonton , Halifax , Saskatoon and Surrey stores are still open in Canada and  will take orders over the phone . All the online orders will be directed to the store that's closest to the shipping address. Also, you will never pay more than what the shipping quote shows when the order is placed , regardless of where the order is coming from

Hope this helps a bit

I recently ordered from them. (was getting the same El-Paso location as everyone else, I'm in Ontario). My order was first routed to New Brunswick and then onto Vancouver. They did not have all the items I ordered in stock so they called me and we discussed a suitable replacement. The order was then processed and shipped from Vancouver (took about a week to arrive). Overall, still a positive experience. (BTW, the side of veg tanned leather they sent is one of the nicest pieces I have seen from Tandy either in store or ordered online.)

Edited by Wildlabman
spelling

Have you tried Tundra Leather in Hamilton, email them and they will help you out.   Also probably closer for you too.