niles

separating 29K71 body from foot HELP!

hello, 

Me and my questions again. 

I have taken apart a 29K71 and was able to get the 4 bolts out the keep the body on the foot (or i thought so...)

But i also see 2 pins with i can not reach because they are supposed to come out by hitting them from the top (which 

is through the topside and down under where the shaft would be..... which is way too long to reach.

Also i was wondering if there is any soldering? or are these two pen the last thing holding it together?

If anyone has any experience with this, or could tell me from that experience to just leave it...? 

thank you!!!  

regards,

Niles

They are taper pins,it is best to NOT separate it.

Hi,

Where are you in the Netherlands. I'm also from the Netherlands, The Eastern part and do leatherwork. Now busy restoring an Adler cilinder bed machine.

Maybe Ann assist?

Bert

Anny

hi bert, i live in the south.

Hi Niles, I am with Bob here, unless imperative....

If you have to separate the machine  you might be able to get a old chisel in there to help separate the head from the base, Maybe a little heat if you have taken the paint off? or maybe a few knocks with a soft faced hammer on the back corners of the base, not on the neck!  It is a very delicate job Niles so take care, you could break the casting???

I have a 29k12 on a29k1 or 4 base, I had no choice because of the pinions used on the 29k12.

Okay, i will be smart about it and not separate them!  

i thought it would be easy after removing the bolts but i guess not. 

taking too much apart can sometimes cause issues. When I restored my 29K71 I did not separate the castings and left the top shaft installed. No issues.

I agree with Constabulary. I took my 21w30 all apart and wish I didn't. Bent the driving shaft. See "Oops I broke it". Good luck on your project.

i will leave the body in tact, but the shaft was bent, so i had to take it out and i need to order a new one.....