My daughter asked me to make he a tote bag for work. She is VERY specific about what she want. I mean VERY. Its made with the Granger Excel 4/5 oz. 

A2EF6931-EA13-413B-85C5-E3DB98496E51.jpeg

D470128C-294A-4849-9E5C-415714373354.jpeg

Mission accomplished! The nice thing about specific requests is you know you’ve given something that will get used. My daughter wants a bag but hasn’t given me much to go on, I hate putting work into something I don’t know if she’ll like. Nice work on this one.

3 hours ago, Retswerb said:

Mission accomplished! The nice thing about specific requests is you know you’ve given something that will get used. My daughter wants a bag but hasn’t given me much to go on, I hate putting work into something I don’t know if she’ll like. Nice work on this one.

Here is what she gave me to work with. And then there were a lot of questions and pictures off the internet. Like this but not this. If ya know what I mean. Lol

60BFC722-836D-4648-958D-0BECAD7ACFC2.jpeg

Nice.

Nothing like putting a lot of love, thought and work into a hand crafted gift to have the recipient not use it or turn up their nose and reject it outright.

Edited by Scoutmom103

Looks top notch and really functional to boot!  Well done.

YinTx

50 minutes ago, YinTx said:

Looks top notch and really functional to boot!  Well done.

YinTx

Thank you. Not using chrome tan much not super happy with the stitching.

Hey that's a great design and some nice looking leather. are the straps single or double layer?

Very nice work. I just downloaded my first pattern and I'm hoping to make it next week.

On 4/29/2020 at 10:34 AM, CastleLeatherWorks said:

Hey that's a great design and some nice looking leather. are the straps single or double layer?

The straps are double layer. I didn’t like how the test piece stitched up. So it’s glued and the edges are painted with Fenice paint. About 4 coats. And thank you. 

Edited by Mattsbagger

I know all tote dimensions are different....but need a rough estimate on how much sqft of leather to buy to get at least 2 maybe 3 average sized totes.

On 5/1/2020 at 4:32 PM, TG23 said:

I know all tote dimensions are different....but need a rough estimate on how much sqft of leather to buy to get at least 2 maybe 3 average sized totes.

You are gonna need a whole side to get 2 or 3 totes. This bag is 18” X 30” plus pocket and straps.

Great loooking bag!

On 4/15/2020 at 4:59 AM, Retswerb said:

Let double down on hating to put work into something that won't be appreciated.

I built a very pretty  bag for a young lady once as a wedding present.  Spent many hours on it . . . getting it right . . . picking the colors, the leather, the accouterments, etc.

Several months after the wedding . . . I got a strange email from someone I'd never met . . . asking me about the bag.

She had picked it up in a flea market.

Yeah . . . it still aggravates me.  If someone had done that for me . . . if nothing else . . . I'd a put it away in the attic . . . just so I could honestly tell them I still have it . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight,

Your response stirred my memory. Probably 50 years ago I made wallets for my younger brothers. Couple years ago one of them gave me a plastic bag with a wallet inside. 

When I pulled it out I remembered making it. He asked if I would make him another just like it. Haven't done that yet, must do that before my hands won't allow.

All of my requests for wallets etc. didn't turn out as well as this one.

Ferg

19 hours ago, Dwight said:

Yeah . . . it still aggravates me.  If someone had done that for me . . . if nothing else . . . I'd a put it away in the attic . . . just so I could honestly tell them I still have it . . .

I can imagine! Few things worse than feeling that your careful effort on someone’s behalf has been cast aside.

Still... in the end I’d rather someone not burden themselves keeping something unwanted. Better to pass it along to someone who can appreciate it than for it to rot in an attic.

I made a bag as a gift for a young lady who loves Wolves and purple. Magnetic closer as well. OK I'm no artist but....

It came back cos it was the wrong purple.

blue bag 015.jpg

Edited by toxo

Very nice job!