PappysLeather

Leather dye protection

What is your favorite leather protective covering? How do you apply it? I like Resoline or super Sheene. But when I apply them they remove some of the dye. Sometimes almost completely. Is this Norma? I have tried using air brush but I have not been able to get any of ,y three air brushes to spray.

yes normal. as the die rewets it will remove some.

I have Had it remove so much it changed the color totally and down to the leather especially when using antique gels. Am I applying it wrong? 

I’ve never had that trouble except with close range aerosol leather sheen. I do cut it 50/50 with water, and I’ve started dipping it.   No problems so far 

Papps drop me an email & i can get more information from you & probably help you out. i dont get on here much

NortonCustomLeather@gmail.com

On 4/16/2020 at 5:55 PM, PappysLeather said:

What is your favorite leather protective covering? How do you apply it? I like Resoline or super Sheene. But when I apply them they remove some of the dye. Sometimes almost completely. Is this Norma? I have tried using air brush but I have not been able to get any of ,y three air brushes to spray.

Not sure what you are attempting here, . . . Resolene is a FINAL, . . . LAST THING product.  It is the cherry you put on top of a hot fudge sundae.

There is no way it can take dye off a product that has been properly dyed and finished.

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight how are you applying it? I apply 8t with a damp sponge and it removes the die. Antiques I find to be worst.

I apply with a 1” sponge paint brush no issues with dye removal. 

Todd

I use a 1 inch wide Harbor Freight bristle brush, . . . they're about 50 cents each there.

Never had a problem in over 15 years.

May God bless,

Dwight