Here's my rebuild of a soccer ball:

Album

I had a torn up old soccer ball in a drawer with some brown scrap leather for a year or so meaning to do this project, well now I had time and I did it.  let me know what ya'll think, it was fun, even got this one sold.  Let me know what ya'll think.

Really cool!  Surprised that they didn't use round holes for the stitching, so that it didn't show through the front on the original ball.

YinTx

1 hour ago, YinTx said:

Really cool!  Surprised that they didn't use round holes for the stitching, so that it didn't show through the front on the original ball.

YinTx

if I would have thought of that...  great idea, I do lack any round hole stitching irons though, so it would have been a one hole at a time situation, not my cup of tea when I have the 5spi irons handy

6 hours ago, aaronthearcher said:

Let me know what ya'll think.

That's great. You might want to post the images themselves, because the link that you posted to view them can get lost over time, and so will the ability to view the images of your good work.

Holy cow, that’s a lot of time spent hand stitching to then have it all hidden! Nice job though, thanks for sharing the project with us all.

Very cool!  Did you put the bladder inside?  If so, how did you deal with the stem?

I have to say there is only one thing i can see wrong with it is not called a soccer ball, its called a football, but seriously really nice work.

JCUK

Edited by jcuk

On 4/18/2020 at 12:10 AM, LatigoAmigo said:

That's great. You might want to post the images themselves, because the link that you posted to view them can get lost over time, and so will the ability to view the images of your good work.

Thanks. I’ll try and figure out how to post in the gallery

On 4/18/2020 at 1:02 AM, Retswerb said:

Holy cow, that’s a lot of time spent hand stitching to then have it all hidden! Nice job though, thanks for sharing the project with us all.

Thanks so much. I thought about attempting some of it in my sewing machine but it’s the pandemic. What else is there to do?

On 4/18/2020 at 6:02 AM, Tugadude said:

Very cool!  Did you put the bladder inside?  If so, how did you deal with the stem?

I did. Took one from an old ripped apart soccer ball. The bladder is just in with friction not glued in place so if it gets deflated it’s in trouble to realign the hole. But keep it inflated it will be good to go

On 4/18/2020 at 10:55 AM, jcuk said:

I have to say there is only one thing i can see wrong with it is not called a soccer ball, its called a football, but seriously really nice work.

JCUK

Lol true most places. One of my next projects is going to be an American football. And also a client wants some retro basketballs made.