Sign in to follow this  
D2G

Help to found conchos ( put system)

Hi everybody, hope you are ok.

1st excuse my English.

I am looking for... seeing video, tutorials, shops etc and I can found it, so I needed ask.

Is it possible to find conchos decorated with the snap system?... (not screw back system)
Finally if it's possyble, How I need refere em to found it in the shops?

Better for European shops if you know it please link me.
Thank you so much.

Edited by D2G

As far as I know only Tandy does a snap for the back of conchos

https://tandyleather.world/products/concho-snap-adapter-10-pack?_pos=12&_sid=7960432bd&_ss=r

There are a few Tandy resellers in Europe. They might be able to get them for you

Hi!

Thanks @fredk I was taking a look, it could be an option, I am concerned about the separation they leave in the middle, I have to continue investigating, the problem is that I do not know much English. What's the difference between rivetback and screwback? In other words, what is the rivetback? All websites show the front part and not the back  : /
Thank you.

Edited by D2G

@D2G, the fitting in the link shows a screw back. That one is best used on leather about 3 or 4mm thick. If you use thinner leather make a circle or disc shape and glue it to the thinner leather to make that area thicker.

A rivet back, it just means instead of a screw part to screw into the back of the concho, like the one in the link you have to hammer a ready rivet type head onto a post on the back of the concho. I do not like these as it is too easy to damage the front of the concho and they won't do what you want them for

google translate to Spanish. I hope between these I can explain

el accesorio en el enlace muestra un tornillo hacia atrás. Ese se usa mejor en cuero de aproximadamente 3 o 4 mm de grosor. Si está utilizando cuero fino, haga un círculo o una forma de disco y péguelo al cuero más delgado para que esa área sea más gruesa. Un remache, solo significa en lugar de una parte de tornillo que se atornilla en la parte posterior del concho, como el que está en el enlace, tiene que martillar una cabeza tipo remache lista en un poste en la parte posterior del concho. No me gustan, ya que es demasiado fácil dañar el frente del concho y no harán lo que usted quiere.

Thanks @fredk I understood, as you say, to make a small circle and add it to the leather. I saw it in a video from Fischerworkshop (great craftsman), so I need to buy screw back conchos. So is?
PS: I see that you are from Ireland, I was living in Limerick for a few months, "an old and long story as how I got there" :lol:. Great dark beer hahaha.