MrLentz

Help Acquiring a Bluegun for Ruger sr1911

Hello,

I have a customer looking to get a holster made for his Ruger sr1911 with a rail on the bottom.  His words - it's a full size 1911 not the commander.

I am not having much luck finding the Ruger model sr1911 on Knifekits.com or Bluegunstore.com  and am wondering what another holster maker in this situation would do? I am not very familiar with the differences in manufacturers of the 1911 so I don't really know if a Springfield version would do or not. Or maybe there is a better option.

Here's what customer support found for me at knifekits so far that looks similar:

https://www.knifekits.com/vcom/bluegun-holster-molding-prop-for-springfield-operator-1911-5in-p-5204.html

Thanks!

Let me look when I get home I have a 1911 with a front rail, I just an not sure which manufacture.  I would be glad to part with it at a decent price or trade for a straight full size 1911 mold.

Todd

Hi Todd,

Send over a photo or two of it and a measurement if you can. I can pass it along to the customer and have them help make the choice.

Thanks!

I actually just bought a mold for that gun - you can find it on ColdSteel for $25. It is made of hard rubber rather than plastic though so it has a little extra friction, but it still worked great for the holster I made.

https://www.coldsteel.com/1911-rubber-training-pistol.html

Morgan

2 hours ago, MrLentz said:

Hi Todd,

Send over a photo or two of it and a measurement if you can. I can pass it along to the customer and have them help make the choice.

Thanks!

What measurements would you like?  I put it on top of a Ruger SR 1911 and other than the rail it is identical. I will get some pictures in just a bit. 
Todd

1 hour ago, Hildebrand said:

What measurements would you like?  I put it on top of a Ruger SR 1911 and other than the rail it is identical. I will get some pictures in just a bit. 
Todd

Oh great - you can private message me the photos of it and we can work out a sale.

Thank you again!

Mr Lentz,   Next time you run into this problem.  Have your customer make a copy of the gun

Take the copy and glue it to some wood. cut it with a jig saw

This is a Femaru M37   

20200420_231616.jpg

11 hours ago, Frodo said:

Mr Lentz,   Next time you run into this problem.  Have your customer make a copy of the gun

Take the copy and glue it to some wood. cut it with a jig saw

This is a Femaru M37   

20200420_231616.jpg

Interesting idea - it may not fit as good as a replica, but as long as the customer knows the difference I guess that would work.

I research the dimension of the gun...the only critical measurement in most holsters is the slide  the grip is not inside the leather

annnnnnd...i have a bb gun 1911  that is the exact dimensions  lol  of a colt   $8.00

20200223_172817.jpg

Edited by Frodo

If the above does not work out just order the Springfield below.  The main 1911 you need to be careful with is the Sig.  The Nitron slides are wider at the top.  The next thing to be careful of is something like the 2011 with the full length rail on the bottom.  The rest are pretty much the same.  

http://www.bluegunstore.com/SPRINGFIELDOPERATOR1911-A15.aspx

15 hours ago, chiefjason said:

If the above does not work out just order the Springfield below.  The main 1911 you need to be careful with is the Sig.  The Nitron slides are wider at the top.  The next thing to be careful of is something like the 2011 with the full length rail on the bottom.  The rest are pretty much the same.  

http://www.bluegunstore.com/SPRINGFIELDOPERATOR1911-A15.aspx

Thank you for that!

@MrLentz The Springfield Operator (with a rail) will work fine for molding a Holster for the Ruger SR1911 (with a rail)