niles

best quality leather working tools EUROPE

hi,

I was wondering if there are any connaisseurs here that might be able to tell me where to buy good quality leatherworking tools of european manufacuring?

I know about vergez blanchard and doldokki. I was looking in to Barry king, seems realy nice to me but import duties will be off the scale and i do not wish to pay twice.

I don't mind paying for quality though. Are there any european tool makers i am missing? I also have seen palosanto but again, to far and import difficulties.

If anyone could help me out with tips or tool makers, please let me know.

If there has been a topic about european tools makers i have missed it,  please tell me where to find it and i'll go there.

Thank you all in advance,  regards,

niles 

Niles, for what it's worth I'm not sure the Blanchard tools are a good buy value wise.  I have mostly Blanchard stuff that I bought two years ago, when I first started, thinking they were a very high end tool and I was a bit disappointed with the finish quality on many of them.  They are built sturdy enough but the finish is seriously lacking on many of them - for the price you pay anyway.  Following the threads here I have been turned onto a number of tool makers that make some pretty amazing tools for the same or not much more than a comparable Blanchard item.  Again, I own mostly Blanchard stuff and they are fine enough, just not what I thought they were going to be when I got them, and certainly not as finely finished as many of the Asian tools I have picked up, FWIW.

hi mokerson,

Thank you for your opinion! it is valued.

But since you can tell me blanchard might be lacking, can you also point some out that would be good indeed?

thank you!!

Kevin Lee Leather tools are pretty awesome for the price.  Considering the cost of Blanchard or similar, I'd say it may be worth considering import fees as part of the cost.

I bought one of his head knives for $60, including international shipping.  Ebay.uk, for example, has several antique or vintage leather tools, which can be a huge savings unless they are collectible grade.

thank you!

Hello

You could do a lot worse than this, if you can get them at a good price maybe worth thinking about.

Only reason i am not going to bid is the fact i have must of them anyway, but was and still interested.

Don't think they will stay that price long.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saddlers-leatherworkers-vintage-handtools/153917948100?hash=item23d63980c4:g:UhsAAOSwDMpervFp

Hope this helps

JCUK

great! thank you for helping out