Well, one positive thing coming out of this quarantine business is that I have been able to catch up on my leather work. I finished this purse for a friend of mine last night. She is one of those people in your life that was pivotal in shaping who you are and her life philosophy was the inspiration for the purse design. Kim always signs her correspondence with the peace and love symbols and when I think of her I think of them.

The body of this purse was made from elk hide and the trim and lacing are deer hide. The light brown bling on the front and back is shark skin. The heart is made from ostrich leg skin and the peace sign is made from ostrich hide and ostrich leg skin. I sewed rare earth magnets under the trim at the opening to act as a clasping mechanism. The buttons were carved from deer antler and I carved the D rings from moose antler. Everything was sewn by hand using artificial sinew.

Darren

h5VptUm.jpg
3PWSFr9.jpg
ETJQ6vY.jpg
hWbyKvO.jpg
mO1iemj.jpg
wl4WaIG.jpg
n7U0CN0.jpg
lXLi6U6.jpg
Cht5XlU.jpg
QY2k4OQ.jpg

Most excellent work.