MSadler

Adler 5—8 – Images and help getting it to fly (again)

Dear all,

I asked this morning for a manual of the Adler 4 and 5 series to be shared with me. I have recently gotten a hold of a Adler 5-8 (for free) as I like old machines. But now am faced with trying to make sense of the individual parts and giving it a check that it actually works (according to the person giving it to me it works all right).

I was offered a deal: photos for manual. Rationale: apparently there is a lack of images of these old maschineschrieb and spare parts. Ok, if that’s the case:  I agreed. So here are the Fotos. 

any feedback would be appreciated. if you spot things on the machine that seem awkward, let me know. Any guiding is appreciated. As I wrote earlier today, the wheel turns smoothly, the needles is moving up and down and the „ship“ (the „metal surprise egg“ is turning).

best

MSAdler

p.s.: why Do I want to check if it works? Because I won’t spent a lot of time restoring it if the eagle has no wings ...

01.jpeg02.jpeg03.jpeg04.jpeg05.jpeg

Edited by Northmount
Fixed images and uploaded

... and sorry if these are too many images.

for the manual: return to sander at Gmail dot com, all in one word, of course.

thanks for your help and greetings from switzerland,

MSAdler

ps.: this last Image is how I found it advertised online. With machine on the table

B864335E-B99A-42A0-8615-6DDE127A9527.jpeg

Wow, you are lucky, what a lovely old machine, I have an Adler 105-6 and wish I got half of what you got.

Very nice.

Bert.

Oh - haven´t noticed you posted the pictures... Sorry!

Please send me your Email address by PM and I will immediately send the PDF´s

Nice machine! Not all shown parts are for the Class 5 actually. The smaller feet with long tongue on the backside seem to be from a PHOENIX machine but I´m not 100% sure. Some other bits possibly too.

EDIT:

found your email address -  return to sander at Gmail dot com - files are on the way ;)

EDIT II:

you may find the motor to be uncomfortably fast - a modern servo motor and in a addition a 1:3 speed reducer will make this machine way more comfortable to use. But first try out everything and maybe it works for you.

Edited by Constabulary

I was just admiring your machine again, and I noticed your sewing table sitting there.

My machine is setup differently, but I like the size of yours.

Bert.

Edited by Bert51
spelling

Hola me gustaria obtener el manual de adler 5 - 8 les dejo mi dirección de correo electrónico para el que me pueda ayudar, este es mi dirección de correo mateoisaza25@gmail.com.

Muchas gracias y quedó atento a cualquier información.

On 28/4/2020 at 11:06, Constabulary said:

Oh, no me había dado cuenta de que publicaste las fotos... ¡Lo siento!

Envíeme su dirección de correo electrónico por PM e inmediatamente le enviaré los PDF

¡Buena máquina! No todas las piezas que se muestran son para la Clase 5 en realidad. Los pies más pequeños con una lengüeta larga en la parte trasera parecen ser de una máquina PHOENIX pero no estoy 100% seguro. Algunas otras partes posiblemente también.

EDITAR:

Encontré su dirección de correo electrónico - regrese a sander en Gmail punto com - los archivos están en camino;)

EDITAR II:

Es posible que el motor sea incómodamente rápido: un servomotor moderno y, además, un reductor de velocidad 1:3 harán que esta máquina sea mucho más cómoda de usar. Pero primero prueba todo y tal vez te funcione

Hola necesito el manual de la máquina, tú me puedes ayudar con eso por favor.. 

Quedó atento muchas gracias te dejo mi correo.

mateoisaza25@gmail.com