Simeon54

Knipschield Knives

Hi all,

I've just seen a new post from Terry Knipschield the knife maker. I thought I'd post it here, for anyone who is currently waiting on, or hoping for, one of his knives. Sadly, his business has suffered a fire.
Here is the post:

For those still unaware, I had a devastating fire in my garage and workshop. Though most of my machinery and blades may have been spared, the entire structure must be demolished. I don't know when or if I'll be in business again, but If I continue, things must change. I simply cannot keep up with demand and wait times are way longer than I want. I may just cancel all orders, make knives as I'm able and put them up for sale somewhere, first come, first served. When those sell, make some more. The backlog of orders has become too stressful and I need to enjoy what time I have left. In any case, it will be a LONG time before I even have a place to work. There is no instruction manual for the aftermath of a fire, and I'm winging it the best I can. Thanks to all for your understanding.

That explains it for me. I ordered two knives a year ago in February. But, I promised not to hound him. I'm sure he needs a well deserved break. He is a great guy. 

Good Luck, Terry. We love ya.

I spoke with Terry about 2 months ago to check status of the two knives I ordered over a year before and he said he would be working on my order very soon.  Guess that won’t happen now.  Other than losing a loved one, losing your property in a fire has to be about the worst thing that can happen to anyone.  I wish Terry all the best, really nice and talented gentleman.

Really, really sorry to hear that. He is an amazingly talented smith, with beautiful knives. I hope he and his family are able to recover. 

Anyone have comments on the round knives sold by Leather Wranglers?  I would like to buy a knife similar in quality to one of Terry’s knives

You won't go wrong on Leather Wranglers knives. I have one of his as well as three from Terry.

Ferg

Thanks Ferg!  I will try one of the LW knives.  I have an LW swivel knife that is my favorite, so I thought his round knives should be good quality.

Gary

@garyplI've got a Leatherwrangler round knife as well and wouldn't need anything else.  Terry makes great knives and I've thought about purchasing something from him in the past but my Leatherwrangles one is always going to be my go to tool.  I sure hope Terry can recover though and get back to production.  He makes excellent knives!

On 5/1/2020 at 12:32 PM, Bob Blea said:

@garyplI've got a Leatherwrangler round knife as well and wouldn't need anything else.  Terry makes great knives and I've thought about purchasing something from him in the past but my Leatherwrangles one is always going to be my go to tool.  I sure hope Terry can recover though and get back to production.  He makes excellent knives!

Thanks Bob - I am going to order a LW knife as soon as I make up my mind which one!