My last creation...

yVOWV.jpg

Y7vO2.jpg

R7vdY.jpg

vxQWo.jpg

7LqGr.jpg

A1J8b.jpg

sheepskin and calfskin.

That’s a great looking case! I did something much smaller than this a while ago and stitching the slots gave me fits. Looks like you’ve got that all figured out.

24 minutes ago, Retswerb said:

That’s a great looking case! I did something much smaller than this a while ago and stitching the slots gave me fits. Looks like you’ve got that all figured out.

thanks.

show us that.

Edited by paloma

It was a gift I gave, a case with slots for essential oil bottles. I’ve been thinking of making a pen case, lots of other projects to tackle first.

@paloma this is a great piece of work! Sheepskin and calfskin - it came out beautifully. Calfskin outer and sheepskin inside, I guess? What thickness are those leathers, please?

And on a side note - those pens... Fountain pens mostly if I'm not mistaken? I'm drooling... :jawdropper:

Sorry for reviving an old post, I have not been to this part of the site in a few months. Me bad. 

On 1/10/2021 at 2:30 AM, Riem said:

@paloma this is a great piece of work! Sheepskin and calfskin - it came out beautifully. Calfskin outer and sheepskin inside, I guess? What thickness are those leathers, please?

And on a side note - those pens... Fountain pens mostly if I'm not mistaken? I'm drooling... :jawdropper:

Sorry for reviving an old post, I have not been to this part of the site in a few months. Me bad. 

Hi Riem,

1.3mm for outer leather, and 0.8mm for inner leather.

yes, only fountain pens are the only ones that deserve a respectful case.;)

So no place for my Bic Biro then sorry could not resist.

And that's nice work too like that, and i do like a nice fountain pen also.

JCUK

Edited by jcuk

On 1/11/2021 at 3:27 PM, paloma said:

Hi Riem,

1.3mm for outer leather, and 0.8mm for inner leather.

yes, only fountain pens are the only ones that deserve a respectful case.;)

I'll have to visit my leather supplier again - thinnest I have is 1.6 - 2mm... Good reason to drive the 80 km. ;-) I have  Parker or two and a couple of Sheaffers and a Faber-Castell a friend gave me recently, straight from the factory, and then there's my calligraphy pens and I think there's... No wait, this is a leathercraft forum... Sigh, so many hobbies, so little time. But I love the look of your pen case - absolutely stunning. 

5 hours ago, Riem said:

I'll have to visit my leather supplier again - thinnest I have is 1.6 - 2mm... Good reason to drive the 80 km. ;-) I have  Parker or two and a couple of Sheaffers and a Faber-Castell a friend gave me recently, straight from the factory, and then there's my calligraphy pens and I think there's... No wait, this is a leathercraft forum... Sigh, so many hobbies, so little time. But I love the look of your pen case - absolutely stunning. 

It's not very difficult to do but you have to start from a good template/patern.