TestTube

I need a 1 yard (or meter) steel square with a grip that measures in both metric and imperial but...

I need a 1 yard (or meter) steel square with a grip that measures in both metric and imperial but...it seems they don't exist?

I looked at www.amazon.com for about 30 minutes and I found a meter and/or yard square, with or without a grip, some with metric and imperial some without one or the other...but I can't get them ALL...

1 yard, or 1 meter steel square + bottom grip + metric + imperial.

If someone can find me this, I will love you forever. The absolute only thing I could live without (although I would still kinda be sad) is if one could be found with ALL that I listed expect without imperial measurements.

Let me know if someone knows of one.

Thanks.

Have you dipped into sewing and quilting websites.   You might have a bit more luck searching there.

Try a builders supply, one that supplies to roofers. That size is pretty common for them. However, a roofer's square is a triangle shape. I use a 30cm on my cutting table.

Here's a builder's one. Bigger than 1m. Although this one is in the UK it'll give you an idea what to look for

https://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-drywall-t-square-48-1220mm/5826k

or on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-STHT1-05894-Drywall-Square-Metric/dp/B005ZBAG26

Edited by fredk

I looked at all of these before I made this post.

I could be wrong but I don't see anywhere on any of those pages that indicates any one of those squares has a corked grip on the reverse side.

Something about squares...they don't like putting grips on them apparently.

I already own a roofer's square and I also have a corked grip 12 inch ruler but meh...

Hell, I could settle for 24inch square instead if that's all there is to be had, *grip on the back*, metric measurements (+ imperial bonus).

I suppose I'll go check Narnia. =p

You could always get some self-adhesive cork and add that in yourself - that's what I've done for my long straight edge.  I don't remember how much I paid for a 1"wide roll , but it wasn't terribly pricey.

- Bill

Weaver Leather has non-slip tape that works well.  I have cork on the back of a couple of ruler and I don't like it as much.