Sign in to follow this  
Stefanie1982

Need help purchasing a Sewing Machine

Im new to all of this completely with that being said Im having a hard time pulling the trigger on a sewing machine for a new leather dog collar/accessories business. I'd need thick as in 8oz leather for large breeds primarily. Im circling around the Cobra class 4 and others in its class. I was completely convinced I was going with the Techsew 5100 until I realized there wasnt that much multi media presents via troubleshooting and saw several comments that the manual was lacking. I think one of my biggest anxieties is also learning on the job. Big investment for a trade Im not famillar with. Only sewing by hand so far. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks Stefanie

I love my class 4. I had never sewn on a machine until I got mine a couple of years ago.  The customer support from Leather Machine Company is top notch.  Check out the videos by Chris Andre and Al Bane on the setup and use of the Cobra machines, you can find them on the Leather Machine Company website and on utube. 

Stephanie, try the Yahoo address. Turns out I forgot how to send or receive private messages.  I have two machines and am retiring with a heck of a deal for you...promise

2 hours ago, 9fingers said:

Stephanie, try the Yahoo address. Turns out I forgot how to send or receive private messages.  I have two machines and am retiring with a heck of a deal for you...promise

She, nor anyone here knows your Yahoo address.  To send @Stefanie1982 a message, hover over her profile name (left side of the screen) on the first post in this thread and a pop-up will show, with a link for "message" that you can use to contact her.  At the top right of the screen, there is an envelop icon near your username.  That will also get you into the message (PM) system.

Really not hard to do.  Try it out and good luck to you.

Tom