Texasbootz

Recommendation for custom leather logo stamp

Howdy, I'd like to stamp leather goods I make with a personal stamp.  I'm looking for supplier recommendations that can meet the following criteria:

1) Arbor press stamp - Stamp should accommodate use on an arbor press machine (ie, preferably stamp should have a flat back)

2) Manual hand stamp - Stamp should come with attachable handle for manual hammer stamping

3) Hot stamp - Would like option to buy stamp heater for "branding" with the stamp

4) Rust proof - stamp needs to resist rust (eg, brass, stainless steal, etc)

5) Quality/longevity - high quality craftsmanship that should last a lifetime of use.

6) Ownership - I need to retain design ownership

7)  Quick turnaround - given an existing image design (e.g., in jpg format),  would like to receive delivery to Texas within 1-2 weeks.

8) Two simple design versions -  (1) 1"x0.5" containing two words of three and seven alphanumeric characters, respectively, plus a small 3-line logo. (2) 0.5"x0.25" 3-line logo by itself.

8) Budget - $50 or less including shipping.

I look forward to your inputs!

Thanks,

Tom

I highly doubt you are going to find a supplier that would meet all of your criteria for the $50 or less price point. From what I can tell by your criteria you are really looking for 2 different stamps at minimum. You can't have a flat back stamp and the ability to attach a handle in the same stamp. You may need to adjust your criteria or budget.

I get stamps made by chaps in Hong Kong

The stamps I get made meet all your requirements

Stamps are

1. flat backed

2. have a threaded hole on the back so I can screw in a handle

3. made of brass. via that threaded hole a bar can be screw in to the stamp and it can be mounted in a pyrogravure

4. made of brass

5. machine cut in brass, to a depth of about 3mm

6.  Its my design they cut

7. usual average is 10 to 13 days from placing order to it dropping thru my letterbox. Its taking a bit longer now tho

8. (x2) prices start at £15 including postage, thats for a 20 x 20 mm stamp, increases by about £3 or £4 per 10 mm linear, eg a 60 x 60 mm stamp is £25. They can cut fine detail. I got   >>    Made in UK       << cut 30mm x 4mm high.  Your  1" x 0.5" comes under the 'up to 30mm' size = £14.99,  and your 0.5" = £14.99 as well

The place I'm currently using  ~ https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Made-Design-Your-Logo-Leather-Seal-Wood-Stamp-Branding-Iron-Carving-Mold/324106724328?var=513156564074

4 hours ago, Ed in Tx said:

I highly doubt you are going to find a supplier that would meet all of your criteria for the $50 or less price point. From what I can tell by your criteria you are really looking for 2 different stamps at minimum. You can't have a flat back stamp and the ability to attach a handle in the same stamp. You may need to adjust your criteria or budget.

Actually, you can indeed have a stamp that works both with a handle or in an arbor press. The one I purchased does exactly that. It has a threaded hole in in the back of it where I can screw the handle into it, or leave the handle off and use it with my arbor press.

This is the guy I used: https://www.leatherstampmaker.com

The stamp I purchased there meets all of the requirements you listed except that you will probably only get one stamp for the price you are willing to pay. Maybe he would work something out for multiple stamps. Real nice guy too. I've spoken to him on the phone to explain what I wanted. The stamp I bought is solid brass so it won't rust and can be used for hot stamping.

That sounds like a really good deal.

On 5/7/2020 at 2:10 PM, Ed in Tx said:

Agree, but figured it can’t hurt to ask. I’m banking on human ingenuity!

On 5/7/2020 at 3:41 PM, fredk said:

I get stamps made by chaps in Hong Kong

The stamps I get made meet all your requirements

Stamps are

1. flat backed

2. have a threaded hole on the back so I can screw in a handle

3. made of brass. via that threaded hole a bar can be screw in to the stamp and it can be mounted in a pyrogravure

4. made of brass

5. machine cut in brass, to a depth of about 3mm

6.  Its my design they cut

7. usual average is 10 to 13 days from placing order to it dropping thru my letterbox. Its taking a bit longer now tho

8. (x2) prices start at £15 including postage, thats for a 20 x 20 mm stamp, increases by about £3 or £4 per 10 mm linear, eg a 60 x 60 mm stamp is £25. They can cut fine detail. I got   >>    Made in UK       << cut 30mm x 4mm high.  Your  1" x 0.5" comes under the 'up to 30mm' size = £14.99,  and your 0.5" = £14.99 as well

The place I'm currently using  ~ https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Made-Design-Your-Logo-Leather-Seal-Wood-Stamp-Branding-Iron-Carving-Mold/324106724328?var=513156564074

Ok, cool. Thanks for the input!

On 5/7/2020 at 7:08 PM, TargetRockLeather said:

Actually, you can indeed have a stamp that works both with a handle or in an arbor press. The one I purchased does exactly that. It has a threaded hole in in the back of it where I can screw the handle into it, or leave the handle off and use it with my arbor press.

This is the guy I used: https://www.leatherstampmaker.com

The stamp I purchased there meets all of the requirements you listed except that you will probably only get one stamp for the price you are willing to pay. Maybe he would work something out for multiple stamps. Real nice guy too. I've spoken to him on the phone to explain what I wanted. The stamp I bought is solid brass so it won't rust and can be used for hot stamping.

Sweet! Much appreciated!

Now that you brought this up again; earlier this evening I ordered from my chap in Hong Kong a stamp for a border type pattern. Its costing me £16. We'll now see how long it takes to get to me,  :whistle:

PS. I have to buy by import. There is no-one on the island of Ireland either willing or capable of making a brass stamp, at any cost

On 5/12/2020 at 11:09 PM, fredk said:

Now that you brought this up again; earlier this evening I ordered from my chap in Hong Kong a stamp for a border type pattern. Its costing me £16. We'll now see how long it takes to get to me,  :whistle:

PS. I have to buy by import. There is no-one on the island of Ireland either willing or capable of making a brass stamp, at any cost

Hi, perhaps you could post a picture of a mark in leather made using their stamp? (Or a link to one) Just to get an idea of the stamp's quality. Their Ebay listing really does not adequately show this. 

On 5/15/2020 at 2:40 PM, estaal said:

Hi, perhaps you could post a picture of a mark in leather made using their stamp? (Or a link to one) Just to get an idea of the stamp's quality. Their Ebay listing really does not adequately show this. 

Here are a couple of stamps. I had to look through my stamps to find which ones to show you as examples

1. Made in U.K. Width is 30mm, the height of the upper case letters is 4mm. I chose the font, sent it as a jpeg and I got back what I wanted

2107397576_Brassstampexample101s.jpg.f4d764a51d3019314cc85ba0ab693a34.jpg

2. This one is chosen to show the fineness of their cutting. Overall width is 50mm

924342802_Brassstampexample102s.jpg.23cf81d72fcdca18617377a35c20f9ee.jpg

2a. a close up of the car's grill area to show you the fine lines

411370733_Brassstampexample103s.jpg.8ba7d0b99531b5b9a1e19a3b0bcc1079.jpg

6 hours ago, fredk said:

Here are a couple of stamps. I had to look through my stamps to find which ones to show you as examples

1. Made in U.K. Width is 30mm, the height of the upper case letters is 4mm. I chose the font, sent it as a jpeg and I got back what I wanted

2107397576_Brassstampexample101s.jpg.f4d764a51d3019314cc85ba0ab693a34.jpg

2. This one is chosen to show the fineness of their cutting. Overall width is 50mm

924342802_Brassstampexample102s.jpg.23cf81d72fcdca18617377a35c20f9ee.jpg

2a. a close up of the car's grill area to show you the fine lines

411370733_Brassstampexample103s.jpg.8ba7d0b99531b5b9a1e19a3b0bcc1079.jpg

Hi,

Thank you, it's great you have shown the quality of their workmanship more closely. I would say the quality is good in this price range. The text logo appears crisp and clean for such a small size, the car logo perhaps not as much;  it has details, but the contours are a little inaccurate. (This however could be a part of its graphic desing..)

May I ask, did you dry stamp, hot stamp or wet stamp those?

5 hours ago, estaal said:

Hi,

Thank you, it's great you have shown the quality of their workmanship more closely. I would say the quality is good in this price range. The text logo appears crisp and clean for such a small size, the car logo perhaps not as much;  it has details, but the contours are a little inaccurate. (This however could be a part of its graphic desing..)

May I ask, did you dry stamp, hot stamp or wet stamp those?

a. the brass cut matches my drawings exactly in all aspects

b. wet stamped using a Tandy press, of 1.25 ton