Guest Gabarrelracer09

Dying Western Saddle

Guest Gabarrelracer09

I recently had a saddle custom made last year, it was left natural color, however as it has tanned it has turned an ‘orange’ color. 
I would really like to dye it to a darker brown. It has a high gloss ‘finish/sealer’ on the skirt, cantle and pomel, but the fenders are more of a softer unfinished leather. 
concerns- will I be able to get the finish off sufficiently with deglazer since it is fairly new and also will the fenders take the dye relatively the same? Also, what should I finish it with to seal and condition it with?

I would be willing to send to a professional in my area if there is one available at a reasonable rate. I am located in West Georgia. 

if I am unable to find a professional willing to take on the task, I am pretty handy and crafty, is this something I could reasonably take on?

please email me at gabarrelracer09 (at) yahoo.com as I am a guest waiting member approval and not sure of the response notification on this post. 
Thank you so much in advance for any help!!!

Probably would be a good idea to go back to the custom builder to see what he can do.  He knows the finish used, and may have experience with doing this job for others.

Tom

Guest Gabarrelracer09

Northmount- unfortunately this is not an option, he is a much older gentleman and not able to work any more, I contacted his wife and she wasn’t of much help.