Sign in to follow this  
bryan4christ

Landis 1....how to get it up and running....

I could really use some help.....I believe its threaded correctly yet after buying the manual and speaking with other sources nobody can tell me where to place the thread in the shuttle.  I may have a bad shuttle according to one person stating that it doesn't have a "hook" like grabbing piece on the point of the shuttle.  One person wants 200 dollars for a new shuttle.....is that price high?  Does anybody have one for sale for a better price? I could really use some help if you have the time.

Thanks

When I was getting mine up and running I needed a new spring( i forget the correct name) in the shuttle- I believe that regulates your bobbin thread. The gentleman in Illinois was able to fix it... I also purchased a 2nd shuttle and if I recall it was approx. $200.

Are you talking about the spring that sits behind the spool inside the shuttle?  I have not even messed with that part whatsoever.  After you thread the shuttle itself where do you leave the thread?  Does it just fall over the side and role under the shuttle during use?  I believe you told me that it forms a loop and catches on the needle but I'm not sure how or where to place the thread so that it catches......

At the pointed end of the shuttle I saw in photo an indentation or "catch".....is that needed to form the loop?

Thanks for any help that you could give me.

Hey Bryan, If you could upload some pictures, they are worth more than a thousand words... That way people can see your threading of the machine and the shuttle in case something is missing.

that is a great idea.....I'll take some pics as soon as possible....

After you take the pictures you will need to downsize them otherwise they will probably be too big to upload here. What i do is right click on the image-edit-resize- then change the pixel numbers from, say....4389 to 989. that way you get a good picture, but not so heavy to upload.

can you see these pics?

1 hour ago, Flatcapper said:

Have you mentioned what machine this is fore. That might help.

It's in the title, Landis 1

@bryan4christ I'm moving this to Leather Sewing Machines

Tom

On 5/11/2020 at 12:49 PM, bryan4christ said:

ire you talking about the spring that sits behind the spool inside the shuttle?  I have not even messed with that part whatsoever.  After you thread the shuttle itself where do you leave the thread?  Does it just fall over the side and role under the shuttle during use?  I believe you told me that it forms a loop and catches on the needle but I'm not sure how or where to place the thread so that it catches......

At the pointed end of the shuttle I saw in photo an indentation or "catch".....is that needed to form the loop?

Thanks for any help that you could give me.

After you put the shuttle in,close the slide plate & hold the needle thread tightly,turn the machine one full revolution & the bobbin thread will come up through the needle plate.Also when you start sewing you need to hold the needle thread for the first 3-4 stitches.

$200.00 is a great price for a new shuttle.

Edited by CowboyBob