Mocivnik

Pricing of Adler 5-27 with electrical motor?

So, a guy from my town is going out of business and he called me and said that I'm supposed to make him an offer for sewing machine Adler 5-27.

The machine is in very very good shape and it has single phase servo motor. It hasn't been used much at all and i was told "it was in army warehouse for a long time as reserve machine" and that he only used it for about 20 hours or so.

What price should I offer to him, what would be fair price for it?

Sorry I am unable to help with the pricing as I know very little about machines in Slovenia, as I am in Australia, but I thought you might glean some information from this link or search the site yourself.

Bert.

I understand. But the prices shouldnt vary too much over the world tho.

Guy called me and told me to give him an offer by the end of the week and I have to come up with some price by then.

I don't wanna offer too much, while I don't want to insult him either.

I don´t think we can estimate the market price for this machine in Slovenia. Market prices differ a lot from country to country. So just offer what you think it is worth / what are you willing to pay. Maybe between 500 and 1000. You sometimes can find them dirt cheap from people who do not know what they have but since it is already equipped with a servo I would guess the guy knows what he has so I would probably say 600-800€ and you have a good deal. Don´t know if the seller considers this as a good offer so its up to you and what you are willing to pay.

To give you an idea  - this seems to be the head only:

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/naehmaschine-adler-5-27-industrienaehmaschine-fuer-sattler-schuster/1401310342-282-4417

or scroll down here - seems its sold

https://www.shpock.com/de-de/i/U4M_Wtko0RFki0YZ/naehmaschine-adler-5-27

Edited by Constabulary

On 5/12/2020 at 3:16 PM, Mocivnik said:

So, a guy from my town is going out of business and he called me and said that I'm supposed to make him an offer for sewing machine Adler 5-27.

The machine is in very very good shape and it has single phase servo motor. It hasn't been used much at all and i was told "it was in army warehouse for a long time as reserve machine" and that he only used it for about 20 hours or so.

What price should I offer to him, what would be fair price for it?

Hi,

I've owned and sold a few of these Adler class 5. This is the 5-27 with a following jump foot and bottom feed. I consider it the best of the 5 class for sewing leather. But still you are buying a obsolete model with only bottom feed, the only part available for this today is the shuttle. (Read post about what you need sewing leather etc.)

Okay, being in good condition you probably won't need anything else for years to come. As the price on Asian made heavy triple feeds economical solution's continues to drop, so does the values of these. Without any pictures is hard to put a value on such machine, and you get a servo motor for a little over 100€ today. I've seen them sold from 50 to 1000 € depending of who sold them, condition and equipment. Post a picture and check the shuttle wear (if it still can tension thinner threads). If it's been little used the original black paint will not have wear signs from materials etc. Repainted, stay away until closely checked by sewing technical.  Shuttle new is 150 to 400€. (Knock off to original)

Try sewing with it!

Don't offer anything before you checked if you can sew with a 160 needle and corresponding thread thickness. It will sew and tension that thread fine if the shuttle is in good condition. You don't buy a car or a sewing machine from a stranger without testing it first.

Price is also depended of what's available in you local marked.

Good luck!

Tor

Here is some advise from someone who has bought and sold many items. It is the owner of the item who needs to set the price. Your seller is hoping your offer is higher than than what he thinks it is worth and doesn't want to leave money on the table. Don't try to impress him with how high your offer is. You cannot go lower once your offer is set. You can always go higher if needed. Know your high limit and be prepared to walk if the price exceeds it. Insist he gives you a price and negotiate from there. Good luck!

I have been a round a little bit in my time on this earth and here in Australia Adlers are not something you see every day, I do as I have a 105 in my collection, but I have never seen a 5 series Adler and I guess if there was one for sale the seller would be asking big dollars for it as he would say it is a "Rare" model.

So I do not feel I would be able to give a ballpark price that would be any use to you.

Sorry I was unable to help.

Bert.

BIG BIG thanks to @Constabulary, @Trox, @JJN and @Bert51.

You helped me a lot, you narrowed the price down from 5k to 500-1k. This is BIG for me.

Now, today I've been to local shoemaker shop and described my situation. When I said that the seller is asking for ~5k-ish for the machine, both of them agreed that in that price it should be included his car and half of garden. 

The reasonable price to offer would be ~250€ (or somewhere around 300$) and that's the only if the machine would be fully functional and operating as it should.

The owner of the machine is a friend of my father and I find it DISGUSTING to try to robb me so hard. He's asking for 1000% of the real price.

Thanks again to this forum, you guys are AMAZING.