yarberk

Weightlifting Buckles!

I have searched everywhere and I can't seem to come up with a vendor who carries 4 inch roller buckles OTHER than the one model that Weaver carries. I can get by with their Stainless Steel version for now but I have had several requests for black and even brass buckles for weightlifting belts. Anyone know of anywhere I can look to maybe find some? I've emailed a couple hardware websites and been told to search Amazon..... already tried that route! Thanks for any help!

I would have guessed Weaver, got a 3" from them in the past.  In that vein, you're probably going to be looking for equestrian tack to get that.  Good Luck.

2 hours ago, yarberk said:

I have searched everywhere and I can't seem to come up with a vendor who carries 4 inch roller buckles OTHER than the one model that Weaver carries. I can get by with their Stainless Steel version for now but I have had several requests for black and even brass buckles for weightlifting belts. Anyone know of anywhere I can look to maybe find some? I've emailed a couple hardware websites and been told to search Amazon..... already tried that route! Thanks for any help!

I checked all of the likely suspects and came up empty also.  I'm thinking your approach is either tell the customer that there is no choice of color (if they insist, tell them to supply their own buckle!) or purchase the stainless steel buckle and see if you can find someone that can put a coating over it to make it black or brass.  There has to be a way to do it, whether it is economical or not is a different question.

Yep, that's the conclusion I've come to as well. I definitely don't think it will be economical lol. I've seen other large companies who carry black buckles but I've not gotten a response on where they purchase them or if they'd sell me a small batch. Thanks for the help!

Their stock can very but you might try Landwerlen Leather in Indianapolis.    1-317-636-8300.   They don't really have a website.   I love going to the store, it's like stepping back in time.  Very friendly and very helpful.

On 5/13/2020 at 9:37 AM, Scoutmom103 said:

Their stock can very but you might try Landwerlen Leather in Indianapolis.    1-317-636-8300.   They don't really have a website.   I love going to the store, it's like stepping back in time.  Very friendly and very helpful.

Thanks for the tip! I gave them a call and they are out of stock but directed me back to weaver. I don't think I'm ever going to find these things anywhere but weaver and in anything but stainless! If anyone ever points me in a successful direction I'll be compelled to reward them with a decent finders fee! lol

@yarberk Sorry for being so late in noticing this, but how about a girth/ cinch  buckle?  

HS

Ι'm pretty sure you can blacken steel, there's a tonne of different methods and products. Gunsmiths know a lot about that.

They could be powder coated any color you want

This is an older thread but.....there is a power lifting belt manufacturing company in Coleman TX.  Perhaps they'd share suppliers with you. phil

https://generalleathercraft.com/