dprezgay

Leatherwork Merit Badge

I was wondering about how merit badge classes will be done post Covid 19.  Our Council usually schedules 20 kids per class.  Even for the Leatherwork MB, which I usually do.  When the classes are outside, they usually give me 2 8ft tables and I usually find a couple more if I'm lucky.  Given the social distancing recommendations, that would mean 2 kids per table.  Not to mention limiting the number of kids around the tables that have all the stamps. 

When the class is at the Council office, I get a room with about 9 - 12 tables that we usually sit 3 kids at a time.  If I get 12 tables, and have 2 kids per table, it might work but I'm not sure we could keep the kids 6ft apart in all directions based on the size of the rooms.  We are probably going to have less kids per class which is fine by me.  I've heard that some Councils only schedule around 10 kids per class for these types of hands-on classes.

Anyone have any ideas or know what the BSA's thinking might be?  Or, might have some ideas?

Thanks,

Dale

Please close this post.

Thanks,

Dale