Cactusman

Trying to get better and appreciate comments

8 months in and 30 projects later i am just getting comfortable calling myself an amateur.  Any suggestions for improvement is greatly appreciated.

A1E997FE-E2A7-40E9-A7DA-2054E8A49326.jpeg.954b363461556c59daf8a680ed472463.jpegB14DC7C3-EF83-497D-B26A-D2A39AAB9887.jpeg.bd0f47add508f2c97122e2aefde68e24.jpeg

That Yggdrasil patch is phenomenal! Excellent work with the animals in the canopy and the face in the trunk.

Wow! Very well done!

Very nice work, nice ddetail.

I got nothing to say on the Celtic tree, that looks great. 

The only thing on the hat brim would be to add texture to the clouds and maybe try matting around your figure elements for added definition. But those are minor things. 

Good work.

Well done!

That is stunning.  For an 'amateur'!!

:lol::lol::lol:

You can only get a comment from me, but no suggestions to get better.

Your work is absolutely stunning!

The only suggestion I might have is to keep doing what you are doing.

I'm in about a year now and I cannot even say I'm past the beginning stages.   Superior work!

The detail in that second piece is astounding! What are the overall dimensions? What tools did you use to do such fine, delicate work?

On 5/14/2020 at 8:09 AM, Cactusman said:

8 months in and 30 projects later i am just getting comfortable calling myself an amateur.  Any suggestions for improvement is greatly appreciated.

A1E997FE-E2A7-40E9-A7DA-2054E8A49326.jpeg.954b363461556c59daf8a680ed472463.jpegB14DC7C3-EF83-497D-B26A-D2A39AAB9887.jpeg.bd0f47add508f2c97122e2aefde68e24.jpeg

I think the tooling in your second piece is a significant improvement over the hat bill both artistically and craft wise and looks great.  The hat bill could perhaps use a more seamless transition between the bill and the crown and the edges finished everywhere.  The hat bill also looks out of proportion as compared to a traditional hat bill.  Perhaps you were intending to make a hat with a longer bill though.  If I were doing something similar, intending to market it, I might try just making a hat bill without tooling until I had gotten everything else tweaked. 

beautiful work!