Hey everyone, I really need some ideas. I was just finishing this project (archers bracer for a buddy) and just applied the antique, however, it appears my air brush that I use for my resist prior to antique didn't give me a good even coverage (next time I will paint resist on), so now I have dark blotches on the parts that are supposed to be light.

What are my options? I want the borders and designs to be light and the background to be dark as I dyed it. Prior to antique, the light was just the natural leather color and I dyed the background dark for contrast. If I try to get a LIGHT color dye and go over the borders and design, will it take even though I did spray some resist on it? Can I get it uniform? Please let me know how I can salvage this, I do not want to start this over, it tool a LONG time!

Thanks!!

rsz_20200514_120833.jpg

What did you use for a resist?  How long ago did you apply the antique?  What antique did you use?  Sometimes you can use the "resist" if you use Resolene or Tan Kote to clean some of it off won't pull it all off but it can help.  

I used Angelus Matte Acrylic Finish for the resist.

Antique was Fiebings Vintage Gel Light Brown. I apply it about an hour ago now....

Edited by barlowrs

@barlowrs Moved your post to Dyes, Antiques, Stains, Glues, Waxes, Finishes and Conditioners.   You may find more answers here.  Also do a search in this area.

Tom