Sign in to follow this  
fredk

A Tale of a Tandy Order to UK

Inspired by another thread about Tandy stores I thought I'd write up my recent experience of ordering direct on-line.

A few months ago, middle of February actually, I ordered some things from a London based Tandy reseller. Their delivery time was to be by end of March. After waiting until then and more, no delivery so when I emailed them I got an auto response that they were closed from 7th March until 31st December 2020!

So, I built up an order on-line with Tandy.

First thing was I had a $50 voucher but the new website wouldn't recognise it. I emailed Tandy HQ late Sunday night my time. Within a few hours a chap called Cameron Goodpaster came back to me, he had sorted it out for me.

I finalised and placed my order on the evening of 21st April

Mr Goodpaster emailed me to tell me that due to a large amount of orders mine might be delayed by a few days. No problem for me.

I received an email from Tandy late afternoon on the 22nd that my order was on its way, via DHL

DHL informed me that my parcel would be delivered on 27th. 

It arrived mid afternoon on the 24th.

The bad bit then the good bit;

I had ordered some fancy conchos. The order was shy by two of them. I immediately emailed Tandy.

I got no response to that email but just a few days later I got an email from DHL that my parcel would arrive on 4th May.  I was confused, I already had my parcel from Tandy.

But on 4th May DHL delivered a large envelope containing the two missing conchos.

The Tandy order went through UK customs but no charges were made on it as afaik Tandy pays the needful at their end. 

This was my second order done out of Tandy, Texas. Last year was the first for both of us and it did not go totally smoothly, this year it was totally fine. I don't consider a couple of conchos left out of a big order any big deal. I was prepared  to 'write' them off, not worth blowing a haystack over them.

I hope Tandy can keep going. They have certain items I use repeatedly and I would like to continue getting them.

I placed an order a couple of weeks ago too, I saw that they were recommending that orders were delayed... It came 3 days later... faster than orders I'd placed in the UK.

Nice to see their prices are now cheaper than some of the UK resellers too, but not happy with the lack of clearance/sale section on the new website.. used to get some real gems on there.