garypl

Guide for Stamping Belts/Collars

Been making collars for a friend’s dog rescue group and decided to 3D print a simple guide to align 1/2” stamps centered in the collar.  The guide fits over a 1” strap and the stamps can then be moved closer to each other without getting off kilter.  I stamp the first letter, then remove the stamp and position the next stamp so the edge of the stamp is barely touching the previous impression.  Looks better with less space between the letters.  Will print a guide for 1-1/4” next

If anyone is interested I will be glad to share the stl or gcode files.

Gary

271E6CA6-8BE3-470D-B155-31B00FDC5C48.jpeg

6C573434-969C-420B-A121-8221714E7AEC.jpeg

56618183-60D2-4825-9976-0FA40ECB79A4.jpeg

Nice! Very nice indeed. Well done.

Regards,

Arturo

Good Guide Gary :thumbsup:

Thanks Brian and Arturo!  Here is an STL file for the 1" guide.  I am printing a 1.25" guide now to confirm everything fits and will post the file soon.

Gary

1 in Belt template.stl

Edited by garypl
Uploaded incorrect file

Great idea, Gary!:specool: I'll add the file to my collection and print it out (never know when it might come in useful). A 1.5" would be nice as it's a fairly standard belt size. (Hint hint ;)).

16 hours ago, dikman said:

Great idea, Gary!:specool: I'll add the file to my collection and print it out (never know when it might come in useful). A 1.5" would be nice as it's a fairly standard belt size. (Hint hint ;)).

If you are using Curra I think you may be able to just increase the scale in the Y direction to 1.5:dunno:

Very cool. when I retire I am getting a 3D printer!!!

I printed a 1-1/4” guide and tested it - will post file here tomorrow.  Will do 1-1/5” next.

Brian, I don’t use Curra, but it’s easy enough to expand the size - I want to keep the center opening the same size to fit the 1/2” stamps.  I’m not savvy enough yet to probably do this the easy way!

4 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

If you are using Curra I think you may be able to just increase the scale in the Y direction to 1.5:dunno:

But if you change that won't it also change the spacing width for the stamps? That has to stay the same while widening the part where the belt fits.

49 minutes ago, dikman said:

But if you change that won't it also change the spacing width for the stamps? That has to stay the same while widening the part where the belt fits.

That is true. My BAD.;)

Here is a guide for 1.25" belts and I am printing from a new file for 1.5" today to make sure it works.

1.25 Belt stamp Guide.stl

I was able to go into the original file, ungroup the stamp center opening from the rest of the guide, expand the guide to 1.5" and regroup the center opening - looks like it should work and I will post the 1.5" file tomorrow after I test it.

Gary

Great stuff. I am waiting for the 1.5" version. I am looking at buying a 3D printer soon. Thanks for posting the file