JoeKid1315

Consew 227R Listing Questions

Hello! I’ve been lurking on the site for a while and am really considering picking up my first machine soon. There’s a listing for a Consew 227R on Marketplace, but I can’t find information on the differences between the 227R and the 227R-2. There was another thread that stated these are generation markers essentially, but I can’t tell if the difference is that large. This one looks to be like new, but I’m hesitant to spend $1600 on the older generation without knowing how old it is and whether it’s worth it. I only see the 227R looking in worse shape and much lower cost. I’d prefer buying new or local, but cylinder arms at this level don’t seem to be up for sale too often. Does anyone have any advice in this situation? Thank you!

521CD354-199B-4BAB-8F9A-0F30B7E48C6E.png

AB2CFF85-59F8-4B11-9421-428E6E10DCEA.png

2E8AE934-1F02-4AAB-A2D2-25443089450F.png

For sure, 227R-2 made in China.  The 227R which i had one was made by Seiko in Japan. The 2 looks the same as the 227R except for the place it was  manufactured and the color.

glenn

12 minutes ago, shoepatcher said:

For sure, 227R-2 made in China.  The 227R which i had one was made by Seiko in Japan. The 2 looks the same as the 227R except for the place it was  manufactured and the color.

glenn

Thanks so much for the reply! Sounds like the differences don’t matter too much unless the China versus japan manufacturing means anything. So would something like this be a reasonable buy at $1600? I guess these machines last a long time so the age may not matter in terms of value.

Ended up deciding not to get this machine for now. It seems like it's in good shape, but it's not obvious whether this is a good deal or not. Plus the current virus issues make the day trip a little worrisome. Thanks for the tips though! I'll probably end up getting the Cobra Class 26 instead to have some peace of mind.

Not at $1,600.00!    The tariffs may have raised the price of the 206RB-5 .  Not sure what they are selling for now.

glenn