Hi. I am from the U.K. and new to leather craft. I am looking for advice on which edge bevellers would be best to start with. My first projects are going to be a armrest bag for my wheelchair and spectacle case. Could anyone please advise. 

Hello JIMBOJAY and welcome to the forum, and all the fun & frustration that is leathercraft!

One thing you will quickly learn about leathercraft is that like many hobbies, depending on how serious and involved you want to be, you can spend & spend as much as you want to

Here are some suggestions for edge bevellers, going up in price -

Standard edge beveller #8076 about £13. this is probably the cheapest; it is simple and easy to use, and to sharpen, and will do the job - from Identity Leathercraft   It has a flat cross section to the base

Keen edge beveller #8077 about £18 It has a grooved cross section to the base so you need to be a bit more careful about sharpening it Also from Identity Leathercraft

Osborne Round edge tool #127 about £32 from Metropolitan Leather ; also has a grooved base

They all come in different sizes for different thicknesses of leather, but unfortunately there is no common standard, each maker has their own system, so check with the supplier that it is suitable

If you're going to make a bag & specs case you'll probably be using leather that is about 2mm thick. I would start with a standard edge beveller size 2. If after that you want to get more involved it will still be useful

They usually come with only a basic finish, so they can be improved considerably by sharpening & polishing them yourself. Making a strop is one of the easiest items of leatherwork you can do, and you will use it for other things as well

There is a lot of information on YouTube. Search for edge bevelling leather; edge bevellers review; sharpening an edge beveller; finishing leather edges, making a strop, making leather eyeglass case and so on. There's not much on making armrest bags, but Search for making pouches, and possibles bags and you'll get the idea

https://www.metropolitanleather.com

https://www.identityleathercraft.com

Edited by zuludog

I would like to thank you for taking the time giving all this information. I will take a look. 

Just going to chime in here to say that posts like this from @zuludog are what make this community so great. :rockon:
Welcome aboard, @Jimbojay! Dive in and show us your progress as you experiment and learn.

Edited by Retswerb

9 minutes ago, Retswerb said:

Just going to chime in here to say that posts like this from @zuludog are what make this community so great. :rockon:
Welcome aboard, @Jimbojay! Dive in and show us your progress as you experiment and learn.

Hi. Thanx for welcoming me and I will show my progress.