No rodeos, no shows, no where to go except the shop. Time to do some experimenting and practice. Both purses are of Herman Oak 10 oz with 4 oz oil tanned chap leather gussets. Neatsfoot oil and fiebing's antique paste and Tan Kote final finish. The roses are done from a pattern by Steve Yezek of Lazy Y leather. He has some great pattern packs.

IMG_6198.jpg

IMG_6202.jpg

IMG_6206.jpg

IMG_6208.jpg

Looks nice.  I like the tooling and swivel knife work.

That is really nice work!  How do you feel about how the edges came out with oil tan next to veg tan?  I like Steve's patterns, but haven't purchased any yet... almost did, but had to go through Etsy, which kinda turned me off.

YinTx

Superb tooling, a level of skill I can only aspire to. :) Those roses look great. Your choice of coloring agents really makes that horse pop, the shading looks amazing. The backgrounding must have taken quite some time, but the texture looks great, it's an interesting contrast to the smoothness of the floral shapes and the horse.

Edited by Alaisiagae