NeilMott

150D thread for hand stitching?

Hey all.

For the most part, I tend to stick with Ritza Tiger Thread for hand stitching the watch straps I make.  As many colors as they have, I'm still on the hunt for different colors...  I recently bought some Vinymo thread that seems to be decent, but it's not waxed and it's round.  When I have used it, I waxed it by hand and it performed well.  It definitely shows smaller than the thickness that is stated.  Pluses and minuses with Vinymo.... 

On ebay I found some flat waxed polyester thread that is 150D.  All I can ascertain is that the number (150 in this case) pertains to the thickness of the fibers, but I have no idea if it's comparable to Ritza... I've been chatting with another strap maker and he had recommended 360D which I can't find on ebay or anywhere else in the US.  I'd prefer to stay within the US, as shipping is quite slow and expensive.  Well, it's slow enough now to drive me crazy.  Anyway, here is the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/150D-0-8mm-284Yards-36-color-Flat-Waxed-Thread-Leather-Hand-Sewing-Stiching-Cord/183534785162?hash=item2abb86928a:m:mY5rVf68N0INDwKKuQwGh_g

Thanks in advance for your time,

Neil