Good evening!

I’m still trying to narrow down which sewing machine to get for wallets, small bags, duffels, etc., but I haven’t found any real feedback on the Thor brand sewing machines sold by Sunny Sewing machines in Dallas. I went by their shop today and they were super helpful and the machine seemed to work well, but I don’t have any experience with sewing machines or outside feedback on whether this machine is the same quality as Cowboy, Cobra, Techsew, and others. They’re all about the same cost give or take a couple hundred. I’m looking at the Thor GC-1341, Cobra Class 26, Techsew 2750, and cowboy 227R or cb3200. Besides the cb3200, I don’t see a whole lot of major differences in capability. 

If there’s no concerns with any of these, I’ll probably just get the Thor since their shop has been very responsive and helpful. I’ve tried reaching out to the Bobs over the past 2 weeks, but they may be busy or something. There’s another shop near me that sells Cobras, but they haven’t responded to emails or phone calls either... It’s been a little frustrating trying to buy, but the world is turned over with everything going on. At this point I would need to call the shops in Canada, but I don’t know how taxes or tariffs work on those and whether they add up. On the websites, the final price doesn’t include tax which would be about the same cost with shipping as buying down the street. 

Sorry for all the questions lately, but it’s a big purchase and I keep second guessing myself. Does anybody have experience with Thor machines? Are the other options better in some way? I’ve really appreciated all the help here!!

Silence to questions about a particular brand or model is an indication that people on this forum have little or no experience with that machine. I would rather say nothing about something I know nothing about than let you know how little I know about the subject. I can tell you that having a dealer nearby who stands behind any machinery he or she sells is priceless and can offset the unknown.

Get some kind of warranty and a promise of assistance when you run into problems.

Thanks Wiz! That definitely makes more sense than guessing whether a machine is good. These come with a 2 year warranty and the shop is right up the road. They have good reviews and have answered everything I’ve asked so far. Unless someone else provides feedback, I’ll probably buy this tomorrow. Maybe I’ll be able to give meaningful feedback in the future for someone else who comes along. 

Hi Joekid1315 just wondering if you bought the Thor machine? If you did what do you think of it? As I am looking at the1760 Thor. Dali sent me a video of it and is what I am looking for so would like to here from you?Thanks Don

Anyone else have any experience with the Thor GC-1341?

The Thor GC-1341 at Sunny Sewing Machines was one of the machines I was considering before I purchased mine. I passed on it because I wanted NPS and a speed reducer.

I called and talked to them, at the time their "myshopify" website had a drop down menu offering NPS or Speed Reducer. (after our discussion the speed reducer was removed from the menu)

So the guy I talked to said he could install a speed reducer but I would lose the NPS...it's advertised as NPS with speed control.

Give them a call they answered all my questions, Dali was very helpful...they just couldn't build the machine I wanted.

I ended up ordering a Cowboy CB6900 from Neel's Saddlery

Interesting... now I need to contact both of them.  I got a quote from Neel on the CB6900 with a list of what you get for the "Deluxe CB6900" with NPS, but doesn't mention the speed reducer.  Did you get a CB6900 with NPS and a Speed Reducer?  Last saturday Neel's company added this video with the CB6900, no speed reducer on it  

Edited by Deryk
added a video

I ordered my CB6900 from Neel's on the Friday the 20th, it shipped on the 27th, should be at the terminal the 31st.

I ordered it with:

NPS and a speed reducer
Pedestal Stand
Drop down Edge guide
Flat work table
LED light
Thread 138 and 207
Extra needles and bobbins
Left toe presser foot

I'll pick it up from the terminal when it gets here.

It will be interesting to see how it arrives.
I will start a new thread when it gets here.

lol I just got a message from RN, said they shipped one out yesterday I guess it was yours lol. 

Well Good Luck with it...I have a suspicion I will be ordering one myself in the next few days...