Upholstery1970

Pfaff 145 - H2 - 6/01-BLN

Hi Folks, 

I posted last year about the Pfaff machine that I bought as a second upholstery machine. (145-H2-6/01-BLN)

It became apparent that the feed dog on my machine only moves in a back and forth direction and not in the normal manner you would expect. I think the general consensus at the time was that it had been perhaps used for binding.  I received some great, helpful info from this forum at the time. 

In any case, I still have the machine and have finally had a bit of time to get it up and running properly. It sews beautifully with a normal foot and will cope admirably for my upholstery work. However, I use a piping set for most of my work and the machine doesn't seem to like it ! To try and save some money I bought a generic set which seems to be a lot 'taller' and the bottom of the needle bar collides with it if the foot height is raised and I am generally unimpressed with the set-up and performance. 

If I thought a genuine piping set would work better I would happily get a set but I am just beginning to wonder if I may be better cutting my losses and selling the machine and keeping an eye out for a machine which I know will do what I need. To be honest the smaller bobbin frustrates me too as I am used to the large bobbin on my main Brother LS2 B837. 

Is there any reason this particular machine won't work well with piping feet due to the feed-dogs movement ?

Thanks and best wishes from Scotland :)

Edited by Upholstery1970
spelling

Hi Upholstery

I have had five 145 machine, and on all of them, the feed dog has not had the dropping movement. The same thing on three 335, one 545 and one 345, that I have had.

On non walking foot machines like the 331, 143, 543 etc, the feed dog drops.

Brgds

Danishman