jimi

Cornely K and Wilcox & Gibbs

Hi There, I Know this is not a Leather sewing machine, but was wondering if anyone has a Cornely K user manual or parts manual?? I would like to see how the cording parts are used/fitted on this machine, but i am finding it hard to find info. I have a Model A parts list and a Consew manual but was interested in seeing the cornely K if it exists??? and while i am at it, if anyone has a W&G S 200 straw hat sewing machine manual?? I can see the normal hidden silent stitch one but nothing on the S 200??

i1351530791.jpg

20200531_131759.jpg

20200518_142515.jpg

20200531_131928.jpg

@jimi Even though this is not a leather machine, I'm still moving it to leather sewing machines for 2 reasons.

1. All posts in Help Wanted require moderator approval before they can be seen by other members
  2. More sewing machine people will see it here than in help wanted so your chances of getting some good information and help will be much improved.

Looks like an interesting machine.  I remember seeing pennants when I was a youngster with this type of chain stitching.  You might be able to contact some of the pennants and emblems manufacturers that might have people with experience using these machines.  Good luck!

Tom

3 hours ago, Northmount said:
  1. All posts in Help Wanted require moderator approval before they can be seen by other members
  2. More sewing machine people will see it here than in help wanted so your chances of getting some good information and help will be much improved.

Looks like an interesting machine.  I remember seeing pennants when I was a youngster with this type of chain stitching.  You might be able to contact some of the pennants and emblems manufacturers that might have people with experience using these machines.  Good luck!

Thanks Tom, I will check that out what you said about the pennants, and thanks for moving it. It is not my sort of machine, but it was dirt cheap so i could not bear seeing it go to the heap!!.

not my cup of tea but I would have bough them too. :lol: There is a sewing machine museum in the Netherlands and the guy (afaik) has this type of machines too I think it is this guy here but I´m not sure:

http://www.naaimachinemuseum.nl/

maybe worth checking with them

Edited by Constabulary

3 hours ago, Constabulary said:

not my cup of tea but I would have bough them too. :lol: There is a sewing machine museum in the Netherlands and the guy (afaik) has this type of machines too I think it is this guy here but I´m not sure:

http://www.naaimachinemuseum.nl/

maybe worth checking with them

Thanks for the link Folker, Yeah not my cup of tea either, but i could not see them going to the scrap!!  :(

Same question re: W&G Straw hat machines   ..was meaning to ask but didn't want to clutter forum with non leather machines.... 

Not my interest as many know..this was thrown in with a sale -free - broken ...but just a bent needle bar...just need parts/schematic and threading diagram (other's have different tension loop set up).

IMG_20200604_002443164.jpg

8 hours ago, gordond said:

Same question re: W&G Straw hat machines   ..was meaning to ask but didn't want to clutter forum with non leather machines.... 

Not my interest as many know..this was thrown in with a sale -free - broken ...but just a bent needle bar...just need parts/schematic and threading diagram (other's have different tension loop set up).

HoHo.. nice one Gordon, not much info on these? seems a little different? Arch on the back bar and one piece material guide? Tension guides and front thread guide?? I can show you a couple of pictures of it threaded if that will help you?? Mine came incomplete, it needs the front tension spring,block and both screws..i Have them located for a fiver..;) just need the screws. PM me with your email and i can send you a pdf of the parts list Gordon.

Hi Jimi

PM sent

Cheers

Hi Gordon ?? nothings come up here yet??

There is a good FB group for the cornely.

Hi Jimi

Sent yesterday but ?

Tried again just now and got this

"Jimi cannot receive messages"

20 hours ago, DonInReno said:

There is a good FB group for the cornely.

Thanks Don, I was just notified about that group today :spoton:Looks like i am going to have to get on FB :blink:

13 hours ago, gordond said:

Hi Jimi

Sent yesterday but ?

Tried again just now and got this

"Jimi cannot receive messages"

message box was 100% full :whistle: 

I just found the link again...https://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollections/Trade-Literature/Sewing-Machines/pdf/sil10-228.pdf

Also check this one out Gordon, it has a manual somewhere of the normal silent chain stitch machines.https://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollections/trade-literature/sewing-machines/CF/single-recordonpiece.cfm?CompanyName=Willcox and Gibbs Sewing Machine Company

Directions for using Willcox and Gibbs automatic noiseless sewing machine

Edited by jimi

Thanks Jimi..

Forgot about Smithsonian..

Found a few pictures online of threaded machines that solves the issue.

Cheers

Jimi,

Do you still have that Willcox & Gibbs?  I've been trying to find that plait guide for mine and was wondering if you still had it or would consider selling it.

Hope your work is going well.

Adrian

I have the same W&G machije and it is sitting on a 6 or 8 inch stand. I got it at an Amish place that makes straw hats. They sure had a bunch of them, but this was about ten years ago. We always picked up a full truck load of hats. Let me know if you need any anything that I could help you with. 

Hi Adrian, Yes i still have it but nothing for sale unfortunately. I am still a couple of parts non original myself, the screw on the presser foot and the barrel and adjusting screw that it goes into. If you find anything like it and you don´t need it let me know. Good luck in the hunt. Jimi.

Are you looking for anything in particular?  I have a Feldman (identical to a Willcox Gibbs) that I have for parts. 

@Ryano

I am looking for the plait guide (the guide that keeps hats in place before they are sewn).  I think I may have given the impression that I wanted the whole sewing machine, but I have my Willcox & Gibbs and I'm just trying to find the guide that goes to it.  In the picture, it is the guide that is screwed into the front of the machine.  

Thanks for responding!

Adrian

20161215_133957.jpeg

4 hours ago, MiamiBruno said:

am looking for the plait guide (the guide that keeps hats in place before they are sewn).  I think I may have given the impression that I wanted the whole sewing machine, but I have my Willcox & Gibbs and I'm just trying to find the guide that goes to it.  In the picture, it is the guide that is screwed into the front of the machine.

I looked at my machine and it has a top mounted edge guide and a binder mounted on the side.

58 minutes ago, ryano said:

I looked at my machine and it has a top mounted edge guide and a binder mounted on the side.

Thank you for looking.  Do you have a picture of your machine?  Here's mine with a ribbon binder She works well!

IMG_1232.jpeg

32 minutes ago, MiamiBruno said:

Thank you for looking.  Do you have a picture of your machine?  Here's mine with a ribbon binder She works well

Yes, I have a picture, but not quite sure how to load it. I click on the attachment and it only reads documents, camera, and loaded pictures, it does not have a button for pictures, which would make it a little easier i must have to load pictures elsewhere first.little

My binder looks like yours, but mine has.the top edge guide and is on a 6" or 8" W & G stand. I watched the guy sew bind his last hat with my machine, unbolt it and sold it to me for mere pennies. I also bought a Singer 46w68 with added roller foot and "reversing mechanism operated by foot treadle," which I cannot figure out how it goes into reverse, but it sews wonderfully.

I will figure how to load pictures and will add it. What do you use your machine for, if you use it. I watched a youtube video of a guy making a straw hat and it really amazed me, I missed that part at the hat shop.

3 hours ago, ryano said:

I will figure how to load pictures and will add it.

If you have a scanner, or a printer that also has a scan function, place your photo(s) on the scanner glass and select an option to scan to your computer. You may have to run the setup program again to get scan to computer to work. Save the scanned file with a .jpg or a .png file extension. You can then upload that/those files to our forum as long as you keep the file size down to our allowed maximum of 1.4 megabytes per upload.

Now, in the event you don't have a computer and must do all this on a mobile device, take pictures of your photos, avoiding reflections as best as possible. Then search your Gallery for the photo you want to upload and use the Upload button to send it hither. If the image file is too large, try to email it to yourself using gmail. Setup an account if necessary. Open a new email in Gmail; address it to the same email address; drag or select the photo file to attach, then type a Subject and press the Send button. Wait a few seconds, then check for new messages. The one you sent to yourself should arrive in your Gamil inbox. Save the attached file, then try uploading it here. You can also try sending the attached file from Gmail to a different email provider that you already were using. Save the attachment and repeat the upload attempt.

19 hours ago, MiamiBruno said:

Are you looking for anything in particular?  I have a Feldman (identical to a Willcox Gibbs) that I have for parts. 

Hi Adrian, Yes i understood what you meant by the guide, this one came broken unfortunately and i had to glue it together to make a mold to make a plastic one meantime. This guide is a two parts one, some come in one part. Here is a picture of the parts i could need Adrian, thanks for the offer. jimi

W&G S200 11.jpg

On 12/24/2020 at 6:55 AM, jimi said:

Hi Adrian, Yes i understood what you meant by the guide, this one came broken unfortunately and i had to glue it together to make a mold to make a plastic one meantime. This guide is a two parts one, some come in one part. Here is a picture of the parts i could need Adrian, thanks for the offer. jimi

Jimi,

Here are some pics of what I have.  I don't think I have those parts, but if you see it in the pictures, let me know.

IMG_3640.jpg