Sign in to follow this  
Zilla

do any of you have the pattern for this purse ?

Do any of you folks know where I can get this kit or do any of you have the pattern for this purse that you are willing to share.

Kevin

inbag_0105.jpg

post-4391-1189700125_thumb.jpg

Other than the carving, it seems as if it would be simple enough to make the basic pattern and somehow figure out how the drawstring is designed"

2 x 3" or 4" wide belts, length of your choosing

2 x front and back panels, decide upon the shape, half or 3/4 circle or oval or whatever.

This seems like a nice little bag to make with scrap leather, something for my nieces.

Do any of you folks know where I can get this kit or do any of you have the pattern for this purse that you are willing to share.

Kevin

There's a closed auction on Ebay, for a craftaid, and it shows the purse pattern in one of the pics.

Item # 290155820500 (just put the number into the search box on Ebay)

Hello. It just so happens I'm doing up some sample for a class on making these. PM me and I'll send you a copy of the basic pattern.

In short - if you look at a saddle bag and cut the flap off across the top you have the basic shape. The only difference is the materials.

The 'gusset' is the VegTan leather, and the front and back are a soft material (usually suede or a garment leather). The real secret is that on the face and back, the number of eyelets must be an even number (6). The reason is that when you feed the cord, you start on the left side of the gusset, and you weave it in and out of each eyelet. You want it to exit on the right side of the gusset (as opposed to across the lacing). Once it exits, it crosses the body of the gusset to the 2nd hole, you weave it and it exits on the left side again. You repeat from the opposing side and you tie it off. What happens is that when you pull it tight, it scrunches up and the friction of the cord across the gusset is what holds it tight. on mine, I used 1/4" eyelets and braided cord. Anyone wanting this, just PM me. peace.