Dunluce

Alran Goat leather

I know previously there has been some discussion on this forum as to whether it is possible to order single or low quantities of skins from Alran; some were under the impression that it is only a bulk supplier. I contacted them recently and was able to order some skins off them quite easily. It really is lovely leather and great for wallets etc. If you contact Jerome at ventes@alran.fr he will help out and will send photos of available colours etc. Be aware it may be a few days before you get a reply. Not all lines are available and it is just for Europe. When asked him about availability he sent the following:

My policy/firm commitment to serve Book-Binders/Makers/DIY communities-world  has driven me to organise a stock service, 7 years ago.  The stock service covers 4 lines of our leather, among the c. 300 we manufacture. They are:  

• Goat SULLY
  • Chevre liegée-main
  • Chèvre liegée-main metal   
  • Chèvre Corysande

Please note that stock service in Mazamet (Fr) works for shipments to entire Europe, including UK, For  other countries like China, Japan, USA…   we have distributors.

You may be able to order from some other of the lines (I got some Caviar)  but I think this may depend on what they are processing so you may have to wait for it. 

Thanks for the info Dunluce, I will maybe try them again in the future. :thumbsup:

The leather was actually much cheaper than I was able to source it elsewhere

If you are in the States, or Canada, have you tried Pergamena? Domestic tanned Vegtan goat with natural grain and a nice selection of earthy aniline dyed colors. www.Pergamena.net