Frodo

your opinion

23 minutes ago, Rhale said:

. . . By the way most of those slum, drug infested neighborhoods are in black neighborhoods it looks to me like they would want to clean up the area in which the live not make it worse by doing away with cops. . . . 

Certain coloured people here are crying that the police target coloured people too much, out of proportion.

I looked up at some stats.

Blacks, North Africans, Asians make up about 16% of the UK population.

80% of crims involved in drugs and prostitution are Black/North African/Asian - that is not to say 80% of the B/NA/A population are crims,  most by far are law abiding.

So of every 10 drug dealers only 2 are whiteys. Is it any wonder the police need to concentrate on where the most crims are from?

7 hours ago, Rhale said:

I think all posting in this matter except the Canadian agree, you can’t defund or dismantle the police and expect to be able to live in the area that is done!

Nope. American here. @Sheilajeanne speaks truth. I wish I had her patience to join in this conversation but I don’t. Go back and read what she posted above and recognize what is actually being called for vs the straw man most of you are fighting.

Various threads on here lamenting the apparent lack of young people interested in leatherwork. Attitudes like those expressed in this thread are a huge reason.

Thank you, Retswerb, for actually reading my posts, and understanding what I was trying to say! 

And no, democrats - let's make that NO ONE that I'm aware of - wants to get rid of the police. They just want changes made so no one gets choked, shot or beaten up. 

BTW, that black man that got shot? He was in his car, sleeping when the police accosted him. They wanted to arrest him for obstructing the Wendy's drive-through. Now he's dead. You think that would be the case if he were white? If you do, you're pretty damn naive about the extent of racism in your country.  

1 hour ago, Sheilajeanne said:

. . .

BTW, that black man that got shot? He was in his car, sleeping when the police accosted him. They wanted to arrest him for obstructing the Wendy's drive-through. Now he's dead. You think that would be the case if he were white? If you do, you're pretty damn naive about the extent of racism in your country.  

No, he's dead because he resisted arrest and ran off with a police officer's taser. The police wanted to arrest him for being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle.  He became a danger to other people. Yes, if he was white he'd still be dead.

I guess the police now are suppose to do what the thugs tell them. Like in CHAZ or like when Eric Garner told the police NO you aren't going to arrest me today. The police are just suppose to tell them OK have a nice day and just walk away. So now if you can woop the cops then you get to get away. I have not seen one video where somebody doing what the police told them to do got killed. There's video of George Floyd in the car. Why was George Floyd taken back out of the car when he was in the car at one point?  Wake up people. It was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Travon Martin had to have hunted George Zimmerman down and tried to choke him to death. I guess Zimmerman was just suppose to let him choke him to death. Was the cop in Ferguson suppose to just Michael Brown take his gun and execute him right there in the car after he stole a box of cigars for his blunts, assaulted the store owner and then refused to get out of the street when TOLD to.  Hands up don't shoot. Eric Holder (a very Racist black AG at the time) went to Ferguson and couldn't do a thing about. It goes on and on. In all but one case of an UNARMED innocent black man being killed by a cop in 2019 there is video and eye witness account the innocent unarmed black man was attacking the cops just like the guy in Atlanta. He was winning. I didn't see any hands up don't shoot in that video.  What will be the slogan after this?

The White guy I am working for right now was telling me some of his stories about interactions with the law. We're a bunch of rednecks down here in Texas. Lots of my buddies as well as my self have had our run ins with THE LAW. In EVERY case we doing something we shouldn't have been doing. He ran his mouth all the way to police station after being arrested for DWI and got roughed up a little. Actually a lot. Do you think if he had tried take the cops gun they should have just let him and then let him shot them and just walk away. JFC.  When I was told by the cop to quit stomping my boots or he was going to help me quit stomping my boots I QUIT stomping my boots. I had been hauled downtown and booked on a warrant that I was Acquitted on 2yrs. earlier. Of course after my phone call I was released immediately and then taken to Detox.  I at least I had a legitimate reason to be upset. Do you think if I was able to whoop the two cops and steal a tazer they should just let me run away? Half of America does.

WE are taught by our DAD'S to respect the police and do what the police tell you to do when they tell you to do it. If you are treated unfairly then there are plenty of SCUM sucking attorney's out there who will gladly fight your case. We don't see Racism because we are not RACIST. WE also vote for an American agenda.

4 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Thank you, Retswerb, for actually reading my posts, and understanding what I was trying to say! 

Why do you do this?

Damn GURL.  Every time we start to get into a debate you start tossing out posts that have no basis in facts 

here are the facts.  please feel free to dispute them

dude was drunk and passed out in the Wendi drive through

police were doing what the hell we pay them for, when they were trying to wake his drunk azz up and remove him and his vehicle from blocking the drive through of a business.   

dude resisted arrest and became combative.

dude grabbed the officers taser and pointed it at the officer

dude is dead

''sleeping when the police accosted him.''' i=  What would have the police do?  gently shake his shoulder and whisper in his ear. "awake up sleepy head " mommy has bear pancakes for her pooh bear ?  NO.   They YELLED AT HIM to wake up and exit the car.  

5 hours ago, Retswerb said:

Various threads on here lamenting the apparent lack of young people interested in leatherwork. Attitudes like those expressed in this thread are a huge reason.

bull.------

being around discussions that have differing view points is healthy .  living in a echo chamber is not 

It is called freedom of speech and thought, which is something that democrats do not want young people to experience. They see it as  a danger to those that are in power. 

Edited by Frodo

No sense trying to argue with stupidity,  the democrats think they are the only ones that know anything!  Let them all go live in the autonomous zone in Seattle or wherever it is,  If they would all move to that zone it would be great.  They would have no cops they could lay on their lazy asses and smoke pot, loot for food and clothes and spread Covid all amongest themselves, then we good go about our merry way without there stupidity interfering in our lives.  The protesters are one thing but what has happened is the rioters, looters and those that take over parts of a city are thugs and criminals and nothing more!  I can’t believe a city would let that happen!  Go in there a clean them out!  Use whatever force is necessary start with fire depts. hoses them dow, they probably all need a bath,  if that doesn’t work then the police needs to get them out with possibly help from the military.  It’s stupid to think a city would allow that to happen but there again its on the democratic left coast.

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/06/13/rioters-block-highway-set-wendys-on-fire-after-officer-involved-shooting-of-a-black-man-in-atlanta/

Rioters Block Highway, Set Wendy’s on Fire After Officer-Involved Shooting of a Black Man in Atlanta

As we reported earlier, there have been protests all day in the wake of a shooting of a black man by police in Atlanta.

The man, Rayshard Brooks, was found by the police asleep in his car in the drive-thru lane at a Wendy’s and was given a field sobriety test by the police which he allegedly failed. But when they told Brooks that he was going to be arrested, he reportedly resisted arrest. While he was resisting he kept struggling with the police and he grabbed the taser of one of the cops. He was then able to break away and run. He turned back with the taser in hand and appeared to fire it at one of the officers. He was then shot and killed.

Please TELL ME Sheilajeanne  that you are not defending this crap?

Something I just remembered; in the George Floyd case the police officers were arresting him on the suspicion of trying to pass a forged $20 note.

That is actually not a police enforcement area. All forged money cases come under the US Secret Service. Only they can investigate and can make arrests in any case which has  anything to do with the US currency

Please TELL ME Sheilajeanne  that you are not defending this crap?

You want to hear another side to this story? Maybe not...(see meme)

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, this, of course, was all over FB today. One white guy said that he'd been in the EXACT same circumstances (except he wasn't blocking the drive-thru) and the cop woke him with a tap on the window, and asked if he was okay. When the man replied that he was, the officer said, "All right, just sleep it off and stay safe!" 

The man was ASLEEP. He wasn't endangering anyone. Yes, technically, it's still illegal, but you can see from the above that the cops don't always 'go by the book'.

As for the 'struggling with the police', I'm willing to bet there's more to that story. Floyd was supposedly resisting arrest until videos showed that was a lie. Yes, he stole the tazer. I'm willing to bet he was slow to get out of the car because he was drunk, and the officers got rough with him, and were going to taze him. He grabbed the tazer and ran off. And the version of the story I read said the police shot him in the back!

Nothing in this narrative says the cop's lives were in danger. Nothing validates the use of deadly force. That's MY opinion.

opinions on FB.jpg

2 hours ago, fredk said:

Something I just remembered; in the George Floyd case the police officers were arresting him on the suspicion of trying to pass a forged $20 note.

That is actually not a police enforcement area. All forged money cases come under the US Secret Service. Only they can investigate and can make arrests in any case which has  anything to do with the US currency

Not true at all! Come on over and give it a try you can and will get arrested by the city police, county sheriff or federal marshal among others. Actually forging money may be their jurisdiction but passing or using fake money is a different story, its fraud. As for making it you can and will be held until the proper authorities are notified if you are caught doing it sorry no you just cant say its not my job in law enforcement. IF police are called they have to do what is expected. The cops just didn't pick something out of the blue they were called because someone called them they saw directly or were notified by another party or the result of prior investigation. I will add this man spent five years in prison for holding a gun to a woman and robbing her. Had meth in his blood as well a another illegal drug and was positive for covid19 putting the officers as well as anyone he was in contact with in peril. Nobody here is arguing his death wasn't a possible crime but here in the U.S. even the cops have  a right to a fair trial before being found guilty.

26 minutes ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, this, of course, was all over FB today. One white guy said that he'd been in the EXACT same circumstances (except he wasn't blocking the drive-thru) and the cop woke him with a tap on the window, and asked if he was okay. When the man replied that he was, the officer said, "All right, just sleep it off and stay safe!" 

The man was ASLEEP. He wasn't endangering anyone. Yes, technically, it's still illegal, but you can see from the above that the cops don't always 'go by the book'.

As for the 'struggling with the police', I'm willing to bet there's more to that story. Floyd was supposedly resisting arrest until videos showed that was a lie. Yes, he stole the tazer. I'm willing to bet he was slow to get out of the car because he was drunk, and the officers got rough with him, and were going to taze him. He grabbed the tazer and ran off. And the version of the story I read said the police shot him in the back!

Nothing in this narrative says the cop's lives were in danger. Nothing validates the use of deadly force. That's MY opinion.

opinions on FB.jpg

I want to hear the facts from an official investigation not another side of a story before I lay blame! Opinions don't mean squat from anybody unless they are backed by provable fact.

Between 2012 and 2015, blacks committed 85.5 percent of all black-white interracial violent victimizations (excluding interracial homicide, which is also disproportionately black-on-white). That works out to 540,360 felonious assaults on whites. Whites committed 14.4 percent of all interracial violent victimization, or 91,470 felonious assaults on blacks.

42 minutes ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Well lets just take a look.  

First off.  You state that ''  He wasn't endangering anyone.''

The video shows that his blood level is .  above the legal limit.  He is in a vehicle passed out. He is endanger of killing my family or yours in a head on drunk driver accident His IS endangering everyone 

You said that "" Floyd was supposedly resisting arrest until videos showed that was a lie""

This video disputes your statement

You said that ""I'm willing to bet he was slow to get out of the car because he was drunk""

This video disputes your statement

You said that ''and the officers got rough with him,""

this video disputes your statement. It Clearly shows him STARTING the fight 

you said that '' And the version of the story I read said the police shot him in the back!"

NO, He was turned toward the officer that shot hi. pointing what appears to be the taser at the officer

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/breaking-atlanta-officer-who-killed-rayshard-brooks-identified/hBd198BmRV9Rgt7uSjvoZP/

are you going to say the video is fake now? 

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-3.xls

are you going to say the video is fake now? 

I'm behind the curve here. I didn't know there WAS a video of this most recent shooting.

1428649742_opinionsonFB.jpg.8e7d3b27f5828253bb54f9b4f20ec558.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sheilajeanne said:

I'm behind the curve here. I didn't know there WAS a video of this most recent shooting.

Image result for shaking head in disbelief gif

What? You think I spend every minute of the day on the internet? :rolleyes2:

Okay, I've watched the video, and it went down they way you said. I still stand by my opinion that the officers' lives were not in danger, and the use of deadly force was hardly justified. Arrested for drunk driving yes, but that's not something that warrants a death penalty.

As for 'just the facts, ma'am', may I remind you of the title of this thread? 

Edited by Sheilajeanne

This topic is headed nowhere constructive. Y'all are pissin' mehoff. I'm not giving anyone but me and the other mods the last word. Take this crap to another board, where it might be appreciated or at least tolerated.

I respect the off topic nature of this forum, but y'all have each other so riled-up, Johanna is going to have to install a blood pressure plugin before someone throws a rod. 

I hate to make work for us, but if you are brutally offended by a post, report it to us instead of responding negatively.