BaroqueLeatherGal

Looking for large brass heart concho

Hey all, I used to get these huge brass heart conchos from Weaver that i used to put on breast collars for civil war reenactment tack, but weaver has discontinued them and I cant seem to find them anywhere else. Has anyone seen them around??? Ive attatched a photo. Also, the ones i had, had 3 screws on the back to attach them.

brass heart.jpg

this place has the ones with the military eagle  http://blockaderunner.com/Catalog/catpg27.htm

Edited by chuck123wapati

Well, you certainly made that clear in your original post. Lay part on a piece of grid or graph paper, both sides to be clearer. Now, call OTB and see if they can source what you need. They might not have it, but they can point you in the right direction. These can also be custom made. There are a lot of vendors out there, it might take a few hours on the phone to get a lead. Also, go to your original supplier and ask where they sourced them.

These are often called Martengale Hearts.

Also here they have 3.25'' 

http://www.heavyhorseenthusiast.co.uk/prices-harness-decoration

Scroll down

Hope this helps

JCUK

Edited by jcuk

Looks like it will work fine.  Use brass machine screws, flat head, and you have it. Heck, the area is already clean and primed with solder.  A little flux on the screw head and heat.

God bless

2 hours ago, BaroqueLeatherGal said:

I ordered a few of these to see if I can make them work. :)

Hope so. I did a bit of research and see that the 3 pin attachment on the rear is very similar to period examples found at military sites of the 1860s in Virginia and Georgia. Presumed you'd prefer period correct.

Hello,

In France There a old house which make and sale this kind of product. It name is Poursin and it exist since 1830.

If you want some informations, I can call them. I bought one few years ago for the same utilisation.Of memorie it was not chicago screws back but pins attachment, it holds up very well but you have to make a lining. It's not in inch but in millimeter and the bigest is 68 mm (approximately 2-3/4'').
It's solid brass hand polished.
If I can help you, don't hesitate.

Web site : https://www.poursin-paris.fr/

to find the right page, go to at ''Cocardes, grelots et initiales'' in the left column.

If you want I also can ordered for you and send you in California.

-Pcoeurdetourombre.jpg

Edited by FrenchMich