Sign in to follow this  
Dragons Pearl

pattern help

I may have to post a pic of what I am talking about, but here goes without the pics. (at work again :whistle: )

I copied a pattern from one of my dads old shirts. Unfortunatly, the fabric was a little tweaked and the figures are a little skewed. I traced it on tracing paper and tried to fix the problem, but the way I am putting them together (3 blocks side by side) makes the tilt obvious.

Is there a program out there that will let you strech a picture to make it look square? ::(

Forgot, I have the pic here at work! Here it is:

9665C8791.jpg

I am using the face in the middle and the figure above it on each side.

post-4316-1189797712_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dragons Pearl

Sorta what I was thinking of, but the graphics themselves are sorta // instead of II so I need something to stretch them square. I may just redo the pics with the digital camera. I scanned that pic and couldn't see how the fabric was laying.

I will try printing it out and seeing what it looks like tho. Thanks!

Block the shirt onto stickyback board (they do this for needlepoint & other fabric crafts), keeping the design straight and square to an edge. Then just scan it or trace it directly. The shirt will peel off with no harm done. I think they call that stuff "mounting board" and there are several kinds. There is a "lo tack" which would allow an easy removal once scanned or traced. Link below...

You could also pin it to a cork board & trace it manually.

Pres on Corp

I am assuming you don't have the original shirt to work with. By segmenting and manipulating the segments I could improve the original, but it isn't perfect.

Final.jpg

post-4941-1195730973_thumb.jpg

i graphic viewpoint.

Personally I would take a digital of the image. Then pull it into Photoshop/Illustrator. Preferably Illustrator, Trace the deskigns usingthe pen tool and group them After that you will always have the pattern. If you ae not familiar with these programs, you can PM and we can discuss my doing the work for you.