BentleyLeather

Exporting a template need help

I made a PDF template and exported it to scale but when I print it looks as if the lines shift  like this ( _____----------________) when I print it in draft and both high quality. The first time it did fine so I'm not sure if it is my printer? 

Here is the link if anyone would like to check it: https://bit.ly/2zrJZi2 

Does anyone have an idea on how to export a template to scale in adobe illustrator and it not be degrade in quality (if that is the issue)?

If someone checks it and it prints fine that would be helpful too. I was wanting to use it in a youtube video. 

Thanks, 

Bryan

3 hours ago, BentleyLeather said:

Does anyone have an idea on how to export a template to scale in adobe illustrator and it not be degrade in quality (if that is the issue)?

I print from PDF's quite often, and have had similar problems with my color HP printer, where objects might print somewhat randomly on the page. I have never experienced this same issue with the HP monochrome printer so, in my case, the problem is the printer. 

I resolved the problem by exporting the file as a JPEG and opening it in Illustrator, then save it as a PDF, which, because it has now become a bit-mapped image, prints correctly. 

Sure hope you find this helpful. I have attached the bit-mapped PDF.

Exporting to JPEG.jpg

Slim Pocket Wallet exported as JPEG.pdf

Edited by LatigoAmigo

Prints fine on my printer at full size, no problems with any lines.  Nice, clear, sharp.  So it looks like it may be getting compressed somewhere along the way to your printer.  When I have reduced or optimized PDF file size, I have had that happen.  Also happens to me when making a PDF searchable.  Some of the big print stations at work did things like this too unless you changed the printer's default settings. 

Tom

4 minutes ago, LatigoAmigo said:

I print from PDF's quite often, and have had similar problems with my color HP printer, where objects might print somewhat randomly on the page. I have never experienced this same issue with the HP monochrome printer so, in my case, the problem is the printer. 

I resolved the problem by exporting the file as a JPEG and opening it in Illustrator, then save it as a PDF, which, because it has now become a bit-mapped image, prints correctly. 

Sure hope you find this helpful. I have attached the bit-mapped PDF.

Exporting to JPEG.jpg

Slim Pocket Wallet exported as JPEG.pdf

Hey thank you!

I was headed along those lines as well then it was not in the right scale, when I saved as a pdf from a jpeg?

so I did some more searching and found this: I think I solved it and this was my solution.

In AI: File > Save a Copy 

Set format to Adobe PFD 

Then select press quality > Set marks and bleeds to all printers > Then export. 

I then opened it in preview > print > save as PDF and done. 

Here is the new link if you'd like to check it? It should just be a simple set to 100% in us letter and print

https://bit.ly/2AqMW38 

4 minutes ago, BentleyLeather said:

Here is the new link if you'd like to check it? It should just be a simple set to 100% in us letter and print

Prints just fine, to scale.

Tom

13 minutes ago, BentleyLeather said:

so I did some more searching and found this: I think I solved it and this was my solution.

Interesting...

7 minutes ago, Northmount said:

Prints just fine, to scale.

Tom

Thank you both for the help! I just started learning all of these programs and it can get confusing. I have a new respect for people making videos, patterns, editing pics for social media, etc.. It is really a lot to learn. 

2 minutes ago, LatigoAmigo said:

Interesting...

I was printing as a PDF all along but I was obviously missing all of those settings. 

1 hour ago, BentleyLeather said:

I was printing as a PDF all along but I was obviously missing all of those settings. 

You can access those settings from Illustrator when you "Save As" a PDF, then in the PDF dialogue box you can set the marks and bleeds.

I never would have imagined that would have solved the problem. Thanks for sharing.