Started this project last year as my first Clutch for the shop I sell out of in Santa Barbara CA.  During the C19 shut down I focused on completing a short run of 4 bags of which I've been able to salvage three.  The 1mm Herman Oak outer as well as all intetnal pockets are lined with .5mm Italian Lamb skin in black or in one case red.  The bag features a front zippered pocket, a magnetic flap fastened center pocket and a 3 credit card holder on the back inside wall.  End gusets are nylon lined and feature eyelets or D rings to accept an optional wrist or shoulder strap.  Selling starts at $175.00.  I've produced 10 like these and the design continues to evolve through interviews with my Test Drive Staff who carry, use and report on what they find wrong or in rare instances what they find right!  My instructor suggests I start with big and work small as this is more typically an easier strategy for successful beginning bag making.  Now he tells me.  I designed the 12 patterns by hand and not including thread combine 22 separate components that takes me about 24 hours each to assemble. Not a big money maker.   Most of the stitching is done using #69 thread on a Juki 1541S or a Cowboy 335 but I also use a Techsew 5100 for sewing the center pocket into the gusset folds with 138.

20200614_151914.jpg

20200614_152303.jpg

2020-06-15 19.44.57.jpg

2020-06-15 19.45.49.jpg

2020-06-15 19.43.57.jpg

Edited by Silverd
Add photos

Those look great. The very uncluttered mid-century is very cool. I do think that $175 is a little low, but only you know your margins and what your local market will sustain.

Beautiful work!

10 hours ago, Matt S said:

Those look great. The very uncluttered mid-century is very cool. I do think that $175 is a little low, but only you know your margins and what your local market will sustain.

Beautiful work!

175 is low but if the selling continues of the early versions then ill feel better about raising the price a bit.   I also have Wrist strap and Shoulder strap kits that can be purchased in addition if the customer wants.  

Thank you for your input 

Silverd

2020-06-16 15.31.51[1].jpg

2020-06-15 19.45.23[1].jpg

2020-06-16 15.30.46[1].jpg

2020-06-15 19.44.28[1].jpg

Edited by Silverd
Add photos